Swinging Away With My New Tesoro Mojave Metal Detector

beephead

Elite Member
I went back to the permission site where I found those 10 pieces of silver a couple of days ago to finish up detecting the rest of the yard. I managed to recover a Rosie and a Silver Quarter in the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb right by my SUV.

A couple came out of their house that live next door to go somewhere and I ran over and introduced myself. Yep, I got their permission to detect their entire yard anytime that want. I gave the girl a key chain light and she was very happy to get it. I hope that yard is as good as the one that I'm presently detecting.

I went back to finish up the yard that I started but I didn't find anymore silver coins in the front yard, so I decided to hit the back yard. I don't usually do as well in the back yards as I do in the front yards, but right off I started digging wheat pennies. That's always a good sign.

After a couple of grid searches across the yard I finally got my search coil over a Mercury Dime. That made me happy, but the damn continuous barking dog behind the chain link fence at the rear of the lot was getting on my last nerve.

Finally, I had all that could take, so I ran at the dog behind fence to scare the hell out of him to get him to stop all of that barking. That dog went nuts and started jumping up and down, hit the top of the fence and was almost half way over it before it drop back down. I froze in my tracks and decided that the barking wasn't really all that bad with the headphones on. There probably wasn't anything to find over there near that fence anyway.

I did some more grid searching on the other side of the yard and found another Rosie dime. When I go back to finish up I'm going to take me a roll of florescent nylon cord to help me with my grid searching. Those large areas are hard to grid search without some reference to go by.

I had the Mojave set at full sensitivity, used just enough discrimination to discriminate out a nail and used the 'low' setting on ground condition. It ran super quiet and it didn't make a sound unless it sounding off on a target.

The total tally for today's hunt was 4 silver coins, 12 nickels (it loves nickels), 16 wheat pennies and some clad coins. I just can't tell you how well this detector discriminates and how pleasingly it is to the ears. You would have to experience it to believe it. I'm really having a good time with the Mojave.

One other thing, posted property and no trespassing signs mean welcome if you get permission from the owner. It's super easy to get permission from them, because they just don't want people on their property that don't ask.

beephead

Attachments

• Mojave 4 Silver Coins 001.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 001.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 887
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 003.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 003.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 909
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 004.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 004.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 943
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 008.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 008.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 828
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 009.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 009.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 855
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 012.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 012.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 827
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 013.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 013.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 857
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 014.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 014.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 838
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 020.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 020.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 941
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 019.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 019.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 821
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 016.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 016.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 815
  • Mojave 4 Silver Coins 017.jpg
    Mojave 4 Silver Coins 017.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 814
Another great find story to read...its like reading the daily newspaper but about the Mohave! It is amazing the number of silver coins you have found. Thanks for keeping us posted as I await to see what you will find next!! HHing...

Last edited:
That Tesoro seems to be working just fine. Shows you don't have to have an expensive detector to find those old coins.:D Just need good locations and determination. Another great hunt!! Congratulations.

Congrats on the silvers!

I think If all you had was an old radio shack unit or a heath kit detector you'd pull the silver....your a silver magnet Beep.

I really want to see a side by side comparison against the compadre for depth etc. I would expect it to do better than the compadre but not sure?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to see a side by side comparison against the compadre for depth etc. I would expect it to do better than the compadre but not sure?!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STOP BEING UNSURE!

Another great find story to read...its like reading the daily newspaper but about the Mohave! It is amazing the number of silver coins you have found. Thanks for keeping us posted as I await to see what you will find next!! HHing...
Thanks! I'm having a great time with the Mojave and I'm totally amazed how well it separates and picks out good targets from the nails. Most of all it's a super fun detector to use. After all, detecting is suppose to be fun.

Great digs congrats!
Thanks! I always enjoy finding silver, but it's about time for some gold. It's kicking butt on nickels, so it should nail a gold ring if I can get my coil over one.

Loving the Mojave posts you've been making. Keep going! Watch out for those crazy dogs! :lol:
Thanks! Damn those crazy dogs!

That Tesoro seems to be working just fine. Shows you don't have to have an expensive detector to find those old coins.:D Just need good locations and determination. Another great hunt!! Congratulations.
Thanks! You're right! The Mojave is a lot of fun for the money and will easily beat most detectors costing a lot more.

Congrats on the silvers!

I think If all you had was an old radio shack unit or a heath kit detector you'd pull the silver....your a silver magnet Beep.
Thanks! Location and knowing how to use a detector is important, but don' sell the Mojave short, it's an amazing detector at any price.

beephead

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:laughing::laughing: Oh Man! What is it with you and dogs? :laughing: And Silver of course...

You are going to run out of that box of 50 flashlights by March at this rate! Wonderful hunt and write up again Beep!:laughing:

Beep, You are cleaning house with that thing. I called Rusty this morning from the Philippines. I got one on the way to my sisters house their in the states. She only lives a few blocks from me. That way I will have one waiting for me when I get home from here. Rusty told me that at the time he only had 2 left to sell. He said mine is in the mail. He also said that they are more than 2 weeks behind on orders already. I think this is going to be a hot seller... KEN

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks!

:laughing::laughing: Oh Man! What is it with you and dogs? :laughing: And Silver of course...

You are going to run out of that box of 50 flashlights by March at this rate! Wonderful hunt and write up again Beep!:laughing:
Thanks! I love dogs, but not constantly barking dogs and those that try to eat me alive. I can order more key chains lights! These or not the little cheap ones, these cost around 80 cents each if you purchase enough of them or other merchandise to get the free shipping. They won't directly get you sites to detect but it makes you feel better to give them something in exchange for them being so nice to let a perfect stranger dig in their yard. :lol:

Beep, You are cleaning house with that thing. I called Rusty this morning from the Philippines. I got one on the way to my sisters house their in the states. She only lives a few blocks from me. That way I will have one waiting for me when I get home from here. Rusty told me that at the time he only had 2 left to sell. He said mine is in the mail. He also said that they are more than 2 weeks behind on orders already. I think this is going to be a hot seller... KEN
I promise....... you won't be disappointed. Ken what made you decide that you just had to have one? :lol:

Not sure why but I have to read every Tesoro Mojave thread. Congrats on your finds
Same here! Those Mojave detectors are additive!:no:

beephead

Hi Beephead. There are a few reasons I like this detector. I do like the colors. I like that they kept the same disc as the compadre. The 7" coil. A ground adjustment. A sens. knob. I knew it was going to be a good detector from reading the owners manual. That reading your post. Than I called Rusty Henery to ask a few more questions. I was sold. Mine is in the mail to my sisters house. I will get it when we get home from the Philippines. Now I can not wait to get out and give it a work out. I know how good you are doing. I think we all will give it a good work out in different ways I have no way to take movies, but I can give reports as I run it through the mill. Thanks Beep... KEN

Back
Top Bottom