Xpointer ?

kyjake

Been hunting for a week or so with my new Xpointer,seemed to be working ok.
Neighbor ask me to help find a lost wedding ring in her yard so as never finding a ring got several out to test both the detector and pinpointer.Detector did good
ringing them at a decent distance with the numbers in range.Pinpointer did a good job on most as well as with a silver quarter and dime.Pinpointer will not detect a ring that I made from a silver quarter in 1960 which is average in size to a man's wedding ring.
does it seem like there may be a fault in the pinpointer?

It seems to me that it should pick it up, I have one that reads everything including my thin rings. Sounds like something is wrong...

Yes, your Xpointer must be defective, unless you are turning it on right next to the ring. My Xpointer has always tested silver great.

that is the most confusing part to me as it will find a silver quarter and dime pre 1965 but not the ring which is the same material.The ring was cut of finger at hospital after an accident is the only thing that would make it different.

that is the most confusing part to me as it will find a silver quarter and dime pre 1965 but not the ring which is the same material.The ring was cut of finger at hospital after an accident is the only thing that would make it different.

That shouldn't make any difference. By the way any silversmith could solder your ring back together for a small fee.

Thanks for the video's.My Xpointer finds most anything metal including small bits of aluminum foil but not that one darn ring.

Love my X-Pointer (P.I.) too ,,,,,, durable & reliable

NOT good for small gold/foil and will not sound off on surgical staples like the VLF Pointers do -

Back
Top Bottom