1741 Coin of unknown origin...

There are a few mentions of this coin on other forums all over the net... nobody knows... just wierd
thinking.gif

But IMO it's a newer coin, part of some type of souvenir.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if it's a Mardi Gras trinket.
See if one of the Mardi Gras "crews" originated on that date.

Update: I did a google search and found this site. http://www.mardigrasdigest.com/html/mardi_gras_history__timeline.htm

In it is this quote: "The Marquis de Vaudreuil, early Louisiana governor, has established elegant society balls that became the model for the upper class Carnival Ball Masque celebrations of later generations. These balls are held at his home and could have started as early as 1741."

Here is a pic of Marquis de Vandreuil:

mardi1.jpg

1741 coin

I have two of the same coins. Anybody have any idea how much it could be worth?

I have two of the same coins. Anybody have any idea how much it could be worth?

Wait until we get an idea about what it is :D

My guess is some kinda play money, or souvenir token. Might've also been from some sort of promotional thing as they seem to pop up all over the states.

Voriax

I tried to research it but it brought me back to this site. I'm am going in circles!:spin: I'll keep trying!

We must be find its origin. I found that a george ii crown coin is worth around 4,000.00. If that is the case with this coin also, that extra money wouldn't hurt.

this may be wrong but im pretty sure it is a little fake coin from a pirate kit from barns and noble book store see my brother bought one not long ago and im pretty sure its the same coin i dont want to be a party pooper but thats what i think it is. i could be wrong or they could have even modeled the coin from the kit off of a real coin but i dont know i would post a pic but i cant find the coin. :roll: i did upload a pic of the kit but i couldnt find a pic of the coin itself.

Attachments

• 27155078.jpg
    27155078.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,674
1741 bronze coin

Sorry...this coin has no value, it is a toy. I bought a pirate's treasure box at Barnes & Noble which had this item in it.:(

Wow!

I was given this strange coin from a girl who moved here from michigan. She said she just had it, but didn't care about it too much apparently. Does anybody know anything about this coin?!

1741 Coin - Make you laugh

If this is indeed from the game at Borders, then I would like to give you all a chuckle... Some have said this is embarassing!!! No need to be embarassed...

I was searching the coin because it appeared in the offering basket at church!!! My hope is that this will give you all a chuckle... If anyone finds out any differently let me know... I will hang onto it just because...

Last edited by a moderator:
Unusual finds that are hard to identify are always fun and not embarrassing even when they turn out to not be really worth anything. I may be a nerd (ok.. I am one.. hehe) but I think research is great fun, and things like that give you a great opportunity to obtain new knowledge.

1741 coin man with crown on

i just found three of these today looks just like pic on this web i feel as though this isnt worth much they all have the same date

old coin, 1742 unknown origin

strange. I found that exact coin today here in colorado.... I was thinking moorish spain. the art on the coin almost looks spanish, but the writing over the left shoulder, cant tell if its grain/grass or middle eastern quaranic scripture. That still doesnt make sense because the muslims are on a different measurement of time. We have gregorian, they have something else. so strange. four coins exactly alike, older than hell, and in such great distances from each other.

kk i have the same coin and i really want to find out its origin and how much it could be worth i searched for the longest time on the internet nothing but for this conversation so please if enyone has eny information please share

Back
Top Bottom