Dutchess County NY

I'm in Red Hook and would love to meet up with someone. Warning, I am a total beginner! I bought my detector over a decade ago to help find an important and expensive part for my tractor. The part itself cost as much as the detector, and I figured if I used the detector to find the part, that I would come out ahead of the game. Well, I found that part, and my detector quickly found a spot in my closet. Well, I found it last week and decided that it's time to actually learn how to use this wonderful device.

I've done plenty of reading and have watched tons of videos. They're all useless in my mind once I get myself out there detecting. In videos and reading, everything seems so black and white, but when I'm actually out there doing it, there's a lot of grey area in the form of constant signals from the detector. Beeps often sounds just like the beep i get from a test coin planted in the ground. Sometimes I'll hear a beep, go back over the spot and the beep will be gone. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd really enjoy watching someone in real life do the deed... :)

So, if anyone is going out sometime soon and wants a newbie to tag along, just say the word, leave a message, etc.

See you soon!
Anthony

Hi Anthony and welcome to the forum! Next time I go out I'll send you a pm. This week is busy but I might get out for a few hours on Thursday, weather permitting.
What detector have you got?

I have a White Spectrum XLT, which I bought used on eBay. From what I read it's quite a detector, but I have much to learn :)

Anthony

I have a White Spectrum XLT, which I bought used on eBay. From what I read it's quite a detector, but I have much to learn :)

Anthony

I dont know much about that machine so Im no help there. I imagine theres a lot of info on the interweb for it. But theres no replacement for hands on practice. Just have to get out there and get to know your machine.

I'm in Red Hook and would love to meet up with someone. Warning, I am a total beginner! I bought my detector over a decade ago to help find an important and expensive part for my tractor. The part itself cost as much as the detector, and I figured if I used the detector to find the part, that I would come out ahead of the game. Well, I found that part, and my detector quickly found a spot in my closet. Well, I found it last week and decided that it's time to actually learn how to use this wonderful device.

I've done plenty of reading and have watched tons of videos. They're all useless in my mind once I get myself out there detecting. In videos and reading, everything seems so black and white, but when I'm actually out there doing it, there's a lot of grey area in the form of constant signals from the detector. Beeps often sounds just like the beep i get from a test coin planted in the ground. Sometimes I'll hear a beep, go back over the spot and the beep will be gone. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd really enjoy watching someone in real life do the deed... :)

So, if anyone is going out sometime soon and wants a newbie to tag along, just say the word, leave a message, etc.

See you soon!

Anthony

Would love to meet sometime, I was actually at a cellar in upper red hook this morning for an hour while mushroom hunting. Let's try and make a plan. I've been researching an old old home in Dutchess county that no longer exists and next time I'm in that part of the county I'm gonna see if I can get permisson to hunt the corn field where I believe it once was. Would be a fun group hunt!

Would love to meet sometime, I was actually at a cellar in upper red hook this morning for an hour while mushroom hunting. Let's try and make a plan. I've been researching an old old home in Dutchess county that no longer exists and next time I'm in that part of the county I'm gonna see if I can get permisson to hunt the corn field where I believe it once was. Would be a fun group hunt!

Sounds good to me! A group hunt would be fun.

Treasure is out there for sure, just have to look hard for it. Research, research, research....
I made it out this morning. Found three flat buttons and a buckle. Not bad considering I have detected the area quite a few times. I was using the larger coil and digging almost anything that barely registered as a signal. It paid off.

Treasure is out there for sure, just have to look hard for it. Research, research, research....

I made it out this morning. Found three flat buttons and a buckle. Not bad considering I have detected the area quite a few times. I was using the larger coil and digging almost anything that barely registered as a signal. It paid off.

Agree. I love buckles.

I hit a huge cellar hole complex, probably an old farm complex right off a main-ish road. Thought to myself this HAS to have been hit before but they can't get everything. Of course lots of iron. Found two awesome buckles. Easy signals and thought maybe nobody has been here. I mean how could they miss those? Of course shotgun shells everywhere. The virgin holes are getting fewer in these parts but they are still out there.

HH y'all

Agree. I love buckles.

I hit a huge cellar hole complex, probably an old farm complex right off a main-ish road. Thought to myself this HAS to have been hit before but they can't get everything. Of course lots of iron. Found two awesome buckles. Easy signals and thought maybe nobody has been here. I mean how could they miss those? Of course shotgun shells everywhere. The virgin holes are getting fewer in these parts but they are still out there.

HH y'all

been there

Back
Top Bottom