Wireless setup for non wireless machines

Saoirse

Forum Supporter
So I did a short video on my Bluetooth setup, works the same on my Nokta Impact and AT Pro. see what you think.
I don't use earphone because where I hunt it's just too hot, I usually have one earbud in and one out so I can hear what's going on around me.

Most people are frustrated with the lag from Bluetooth, that's becaue not all Bluetooth are created equal, I know, I've tried!
Your setup must have aptX (https://www.aptx.com/) or it's a waste of time and money.

Parts list:
The transmitter is a TaoTronics - aptX Low Latency
See it here on Amazon:
http://amzn.to/2DpMa1N

The earbuds are also TaoTronics.
See them on Amazon here:
http://amzn.to/2pdrYuG

You will also need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, can be picked up from anywhere.
Note that if you want to use this on your AT Pro you will need their cable adapter.

This setup has been going strong since mid 2016, I actually bought another set some time after the first set in case the first broke, got lost etc but haven't had to use it yet.

Thanks...

I put them in my Amazon cart and will monitor prices....

do BOTH have to have the APTX to work properly? I have LOTS of bluetooth headphones

I really like this setup. I am thinking about adding this to my T2.

Question for you. Do you have to pair the earbuds every time you turn it on or do it once and good to go after that?

Ray

Once paired usually it's just turn them both on and go. Very occasionally I have to re-pair them, happens if I haven't used it for a while. Having said that, it's easy to do so not a problem.

Have another question for you. Did you look at head phones too or only the ear buds? As I understand it the head phones have to be aptX also to keep from having any noticeable lag.

Ray

Have another question for you. Did you look at head phones too or only the ear buds? As I understand it the head phones have to be aptX also to keep from having any noticeable lag.

Ray

Yes, both transmitter and headphones must be aptX low latency. If either one of them is regular aptX it will lag to regular aptX speed, which is still better than 4.0 bluetooth or others. To get the least amount of lag possible both transmitter and receiver must be aptX LOW LATENCY.

I'm doing the same. I got a aptx setup from amazon for 15 bucks that works extremely well.

I use eoqo earbuds at 10 bucks and a breitech brightest transmitter I snagged for 4.99. Both with free prime shipping. Unfortunately, the transmitter is currently unavailable. I hope they get more up for sale. I think they normally sell for 16 bucks and I just caught it on sale. This combo works well for me.

So if I want to use my Killer B's with an Explorer I would need 2 transmitter/receiver units. And 2, 1/8 to 1/4 adapters. The explorer and headphones are both 1/4

Do the adapters need to be stereo or mono? or go from one to the other?

I dont want to sound like a total noob but where would i put the transmitter at on a T2, And how would i put it on there with tape, rubber band ? :roll:

I dont want to sound like a total noob but where would i put the transmitter at on a T2, And how would i put it on there with tape, rubber band ? :roll:

On mine, I just stick it righr to the side of the detector with velcro bought from the craft section at Walmart. The two halves of the velcro are self stick. You peel off the backing from each and stick one side to the transmitter and it's mating half to the side of your control box. Takes seconds.

So if I want to use my Killer B's with an Explorer I would need 2 transmitter/receiver units. And 2, 1/8 to 1/4 adapters. The explorer and headphones are both 1/4

Do the adapters need to be stereo or mono? or go from one to the other?

I think the couple I have are stereo. I'm not even sure to be honest. I think since most detectors are mono, either will work. The rare exception would be the V3i which outputs stereo mixed mode which would require a stereo adapter. I think you'll be fine with either.
HH

Yes, what NCDFX said, velcro with an adhesive backing.

Hey thanks for the info.
Now i just have to decide on which headphone to get either the miccus or mpow, mpow has noise cancelling and miccus does not.
If that's a big deal or not....

Last edited:
Noise cancelling isn't a big deal for me as I usually only have one earbud in my ear anyway as I like to be able to hear what's going on around me.

Back
Top Bottom