First gold + diamonds for 2017!!!

Joshc214

I've been out metal detecting like a mad man the past week trying to get my first gold for 2017. After 6 hunts I've finally struck gold with an added bonus of 12 diamonds and 3 what I think are emeralds :)

I found this ring on my first of two hunts today at 4am this morning. When I first found it I thought it was just another bling ring (too many stones)... tossed it in my junk bag. Later today I found a nice tungsten ring and was satisfied with finally getting a good find and decided to call it a day.

Just got home a little while ago and I pulled out my diamond tester just for fun to see if they were real... its an unmarked ring so if they were fake I was just gonna toss it in the junk pile without testing the metal... the diamond tester lit up like a christmas tree :) I moved on with acid tests and it passed 10k and 14k..

Out of curiosity do you guys think this is an antique/old gold ring? It has that sort of art deco look to it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1483822184538.jpg
    FB_IMG_1483822184538.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 768
  • FB_IMG_1483822191842.jpg
    FB_IMG_1483822191842.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 770
  • FB_IMG_1483822260794.jpg
    FB_IMG_1483822260794.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 775
  • FB_IMG_1483822200648.jpg
    FB_IMG_1483822200648.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 785
:dingding: :wow: That's one super duper looking ring. I don't think the style is Art Deco but its definitely not a melter.

:dingding: :wow: That's one super duper looking ring. I don't think the style is Art Deco but its definitely not a melter.

Thanks Felix! I'm looking forward to this front that's headed our way.. the surf should mix things up a bit. This is my first diamond ring.. Started to wonder why I bought a diamond tester lol

HAHAH He said super duper!

That ring is beautiful!:shock::yes:

Thanks Nectar!

Cool,don't melt that one.:bling:

Will do! I might get it appraised eventually, see if it has any sort of extra value.. Although I have heard that diamonds are basically worth zip for resale.

Nice bunch of rings Josh, congrats!

No company mark? Yes, it appears that ring is vintage.

Saweet! Let us know if you can have a trustworthy jeweler take a look and tell you what you have....I agree with what Steve said about those emeralds...You could have some money there Josh! Great score and good job on your early morning water hunting..!
Mud

Probably just a new or custom job. My wife's anniversary ring is unmarked, and I paid $10K for it. There's no "law" that says it has to be marked. Only laws saying if they're marked, they should have a hallmark, and even those are iffy...

Cheers,

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom