I dig every target! Lol

I did everything most the time. I get sick of bullets and shot gun head stamps and sometimes pass them up. However as I am the only one hunting in the areas I can always go back and dig up the rest of them another time. I know I pass up gold. However, nobody else will get it.

Dug everything for a couple of months at my local park and had pounds of trash. One day it clicked and I started listening to my detector. It can say a lot about a target. Since then I have found many more worth while targets. An occasional bottle cap or pull tab comes up. I'll still dig the ify targets.

When I'm at the beach, then mostly yes, in parks I cherry pick. It'd take forever to dig everything in a park

And what the hell is canslaw doing on a beach??

I don't know what it's doing there but it all over most of the beaches I hunt. There are also entire aluminum cans a foot or more down that sound good.

I dig as much as possible but I don't dig iron because there is just too much of it. I dig anything repeatable most of the time unless I can tell it is a can or I just get too tired. A lot of the older coins I find here show up between 40-60 on the ATP. Also I don't want to miss any gold rings.

There are some parks that just have too many pulltabs to dig so it is impossible to dig everything but I dig as much as possible each time I go and I have found some gold rings at those places.

Seeing someone digging it all or with a PI.........just makes my day. The more trash you get out of my way the less i have to deal with. I especially like the shallow bottle cap diggers. I hunt in PP mod/reverse disc so i hear most targets...... then its a matter of being sure its iron. I chuckle every time i hit one of those bottle caps or a bobbie pin i dont have to dig. With age comes wisdom....... and a bad back.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom