46.4 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_9961.jpg
    IMG_9961.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_9954.jpg
    IMG_9954.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Not sure I understand what's going on here. Are you just taking your finds and dumping them in a coinstar? What am I missing? Thanks for your patience with my ignorance :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand what's going on here. Are you just taking your finds and dumping them in a coinstar? What am I missing? Thanks for your patience with my ignorance :)

Coinstar 101:

Next time your at the grocery or other coinstar location. Meander over to the machine, look it up and down. Find the little return bin/tray 3/4 the way mid center down. Anything left there by someone who cashed in their big pile of coins? No? Try again some day. Rinse, repeat. You're bound to find some foreign coins, gunked together zinc cents etc. and sometimes silver coins, which the machine rejected thankfully....

Coinstar 101:

Next time your at the grocery or other coinstar location. Meander over to the machine, look it up and down. Find the little return bin/tray 3/4 the way mid center down. Anything left there by someone who cashed in their big pile of coins? No? Try again some day. Rinse, repeat. You're bound to find some foreign coins, gunked together zinc cents etc. and sometimes silver coins, which the machine rejected thankfully....
Got it! Thanks. Let the games begin

Nice grab!! I always check the coinstar it's been about a year for me since I found a silver. What made me start doing it was when I walked by one and saw 3 silver kennedys hanging out I the return tray! I've only found silver dimes since that time.

:wow: Im surprised that whoever was cashing in didnt hear that manhole cover hit the reject bin. Congrats! My coinstar herd has been dry lately.

:wow: Im surprised that whoever was cashing in didnt hear that manhole cover hit the reject bin. Congrats! My coinstar herd has been dry lately.

Probably some tweaker that stole a coin collection, and was in too much of a hurry to cash in so he could go get high. I think those machines would be the choice of thieves to launder stolen coin collections--no human to ask questions. I bet Coinstar makes big bucks selling stolen rare coins that they have taken in.

Nice find Groundsweeper!

Anyone on here one of the seven guys lurking around the Coinstar yesterday at SuperWalmart in Jonesville, Mi?

Excellent! Further tragic evidence of the ignoble end of many a Grandpas coin collection! Tweaking Grandkids doing a fast off load of Gpaws jars are Coinstar Hunters bread and gravy!!:laughing:

..Like Crackerjack mentioned....it is going on, and we see the evidence in the reject tray all the time...I dont know if this is one of them, or just an errant coin in a waterjug? But it certainly happens commonly.....

Nice big score there GroundSweeper! Congratulations!

I have had one killer find in the coin star this year and it has been empty ever since. I think the employees are regularly patrolling them.

Back
Top Bottom