What is This ?!?

tommyboy2008

Found this in my front yard. My house is not that old (1986). However, from research I have done all my neighborhood used to be farmland. I also live on a steep hill. I first thought this was an old septic tank (we use sewer) but it isn't cylindrical it has a straight edge on one side. Also, it is concrete with an iron handle. I have looked for any markings on the surface and there is none. Also, about 10 yards or so I found with my detector a chain collar that has the Number 5 which I am assuming is for a farm animal. It is not near our water line which is on the opposite side of the home. Not sure what it is any information will help. Thank You

Attachments

• Pic Pic.jpg
    Pic Pic.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,041
Last edited:
My guess is either a septic tank or a water cistern. Those old farmers were do it yourself guys. I think the cistern is more likely. Who needs a septic tank when the bathroom is a two holer out back and the drain from the kitchen sink runs out to the vegetable patch.

Thank You I am hoping that is what it is. If so I may have a bunch of cool things to detect around my home. As far as I know this home never had a septic tank and until the mid 80's this was all farmland except the hill our home is built on. We shall see I plan on digging more today and hopefully I can lift it and see what it is.

No more updates ? :(:roll:
This was perhaps a portal to a 3rd. dimension ... the one they are looking for at CERN .... hopefully is he still OK ..:wow:

Back
Top Bottom