what do you hate more?

It is not the pull tabs I hate it's the stupid idiot that throws them down.
I agree. If they weren't there... it would make detecting less frustrating for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

If it weren't for pull tabs and bottle caps sometimes I would wonder if my detector is working. It would be a long time between signals sometimes.

I think of pulltabs as little friends! They are a form of a trail marker that can put a person on a valuable drop zone! Especially the old beavertails, they certainly let a guy gain some knowledge about an area and determine what to focus on...

One little Example: A grouping of beavertails out in a BB park Centerfield....Somebody was out here drinking a beer back in the 60's, probably married and wearing a real GOLD wedding ring! (Drink time is Drop time!) And, NOBODY else has been here hunting for gold yet! Any zinc signals at the same depth? (Big Class Ring) Am I set up correctly and thinking Gold tones?

Pulltabs tell us stuff like this...so does their absence at a 60's era park...tells you some gold hunter was active here so a guy may as well go bang clad on the sidelines..:laughing:

The inland Waterbabies get positively weeweed up when they hit them beavertails wading! Drinking in the 60's! Nobody has hunted here for Gold yet! Yippee!

Tabs are little trail markers to put us on the pay! Think of them like this and it isnt so awful! What else you gonna do? Go around pist off all the time at an innocent discarded little scrap of aluminum?:laughing:

You are so right. You’ve changed my perspective about them. Cool!

I actually run into more of more of the pull tab can lids than I do pulltabs. Not the whole can itself but the lid :no: They always give me a solid hit on my ATP. I'm not sure where the other part of the can is either

picture.php
I used to hunt around a tennis court alongside sports fields. Lots of clad. I dug so many solid hits of sound and VDI 40 on the 705 , with 3khz digger coil, on pull off tennis ball can lids! Clad dimes run exactly the same. Worse is months before I dug the same exact signal and it was a nice silver ornate cross. So,,,, I would dig many many pull off tennis ball can lids. Hate them boogers!

I need to add: the greatest "Trash of Torment" to me is the thin twist offs. The type that look like we need a can opener to remove but twist off. Popular on beer bottles especially in the 70's. We used to hold them between the thumb and middle finger tight. Snap your fingers and we'd send them rifling towards our drinking buddies heads, also popular amongst my idiot crowd.
They give me a clean clad and silver reading of 42 on my 705. They often like to settle up in the 7-8" depth range. When I dig one its almost always accompanied by the rest of the Sixer just a plink away. Some I can do the wiggle and pull technique and get tell tale harmonics that denote trash, others not so. Hate them boogers too!

Back
Top Bottom