"I hope you find something really good"

jbrow

Elite Member
Hunted a 1905 home today. Sat and talked with the homeowner on the porch for quite a while before the hunt. It was a good day. I Pulled a few wheat, a 1920 Canadien penny, a rosie and then showed her my finds. She was really surprised at what I found. Before I was going to hit the curb strip, she said " I hope you find something really good. " then 2 minutes later I found the token! I've never seen a plated patriotic token before?

Attachments

• 20181010_145523.jpg
    20181010_145523.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 521
  • 20181010_150236-1-1.jpg
    20181010_150236-1-1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 20181010_150225-1-1.jpg
    20181010_150225-1-1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 554
Interesting Token.
Any idea on date???
I am guessing early 20th C based on the coins found.

It's a civil war era patriotic token. This home was built on the property that once belonged to the 1859 home that stood in front of it

A fantastic find Jeremy in the Civil War Token. It is in pretty nice shape considering its age. Congrats on the Token, the Rosie and all the rest. Trapper

Usually if someone says that to me it’s an instantaneous curse and I go home with a PFOF. That doesn’t seem to be your case,however...:grin:
I haven’t seen one either,that’s pretty damn cool.

Nice hunt! I'd be happy as a clam (where'd that expression come from and what does it even mean?) with those finds from a single outing. Great finds!

That's an awesome token.

Thanks ! I love those old CW era tokens .

A fantastic find Jeremy in the Civil War Token. It is in pretty nice shape considering its age. Congrats on the Token, the Rosie and all the rest. Trapper

Thanks Trapper ! This token is the nicest CW era token I've put my coil over compared to the few other I've found.

Usually if someone says that to me it’s an instantaneous curse and I go home with a PFOF. That doesn’t seem to be your case,however...:grin:
I haven’t seen one either,that’s pretty damn cool.

Most of the time I have the same curse, today was different, and I was sure glad it was.

Pretty dang cool bro!!

<°)))>{
Thanks Jim !

Nice hunt! I'd be happy as a clam (where'd that expression come from and what does it even mean?) with those finds from a single outing. Great finds!

Thanks ! Good question and peaked my curiosity , so I looked it up. I guess from what I read "happy as a clam at high tide" was the original expression. When the tide is high , clams are safe from predators

That Civil War token would pretty much make my year! Fantastic hunt, congrats!

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom