Nokta Impact information

Folks who purchase Impact and have questions,,,feel free to ask here.

I want other users of Impact to get in on the action with answering questions based on their experiences.

If folks want to share their Impact experiences here in this thread,,,,fine with me, your choice.

result.jpg

had a short hunt in my front yard, got it within first 10 minutes!
I've previously hunted this section of yard with Fisher Detectors,Makro Racer,At Pro,Tesoro Vaquero

I have been over this ground countless of times! was about 6 inches down

Settings were DI3,Disc 3,Gain 85,Iron volume 2, 20khz

result.jpg

had a short hunt in my front yard, got it within first 10 minutes!
I've previously hunted this section of yard with Fisher Detectors,Makro Racer,At Pro,Tesoro Vaquero

I'm not able to access pic.

I read this entire post but want to make sure. Would you say there is enough difference between the stock coil and the smaller coil that comes with the pro package to justify the purchase?

I read this entire post but want to make sure. Would you say there is enough difference between the stock coil and the smaller coil that comes with the pro package to justify the purchase?

I notice this is your first post here.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know your detecting experience,,but will give info.

I since being a tester of Impact will likely never recommend one thing or another as far as equipment or options as they relate to Impact detector. Just give info based on my experiences,,,let folks make their own decisions. Better this way.

What can small coil do the stock coil can't??
It separates better,,,it can find things for a user the stock coil is incapable of doing.

Small coil is also less emi prone,,so it would be possible to hunt some areas with more emi using small coil vs the stock coil.

Next is size in general,,,the small coil can go where the stock coil can't.
In crevices,,like protruding tree roots,,up and around old homes with obstacles.
Tot lots around equipment and metal poles,etc.
Around stubble in fields.
Trees and bushes.

Remember depending on the actual detection scenario for any one find(buried),,,it may be necessary for a user to get coil's center over a find to be alerted.
Smaller coil here vs stock can give this capability and give a user at least a chance for detection.

Both the stock and smallest coil can see some of the same targets.
The smallest coil can see some things the stock coil can't.(not necessarily depth related either)
The stock coil can see some things the smallest coil can't.(not necessarily depth related either)

BTW,,,there is also a midsized coil like 5"x9" that can be bought as well.
I have not used this midsized coil mentioned above,,so can't give any details as far as performance and how it compares to the other 2 coils.
Hope this helps.

I had a short hunt in my front yard, got it within first 10 minutes!

Attachments

• DSCN0352_opt (1).jpg
    DSCN0352_opt (1).jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 217
I had a short hunt in my front yard, got it within first 10 minutes!

That 20khZ,,one super separator.
This is what I use a lot when hunting pounded sites with iron and nails present.
Even sites I have pounded myself.

It works,,I know this.
Your eyes will get opened more in the future,,,if you got the propack,,you'll find that smaller coil is deadly,,,just get it in the right sites,,you'll see.

It is really a couple things usually that I think happens,,,either the impact is alerting,,,,or is alerting with more proper ID,,,vs other detectors that have been in the same sites.

I used my test unit,,in what I call controlled sites,,where I have really spent the biggest part of my 6years detecting,,,using some top notch detectors.

Most of these sites,,I was surprised,,meaning Impact showed me something promising as far as performance and capability.

A trend I saw,,that definitely allowed me to talk here like I have about it.

Nice find.
First of many with your new detector.
I look forward to seeing more,,and seeing you help other folks.

They are probably getting tired of reading my post anyway,,can't say I don't blame them.

I do want folks here on this forum,,after they have say put in some quality time with their units,,,I would like for them to grade what I personally posted about this detector.

Meaning was I on point,,,telling it like it is.

If I get a good grade here by most folks,,,I may test another detector for a manufacturer,,if they will let me.

If I get a bad grade here from most folks,,,I will not test another detector for any manufacturer ever in the future.

So keep the results coming,,and comments.

Thanks for sharing.

That 20khZ,,one super separator.
This is what I use a lot when hunting pounded sites with iron and nails present.
Even sites I have pounded myself.

It works,,I know this.
Your eyes will get opened more in the future,,,if you got the propack,,you'll find that smaller coil is deadly,,,just get it in the right sites,,you'll see.

It is really a couple things usually that I think happens,,,either the impact is alerting,,,,or is alerting with more proper ID,,,vs other detectors that have been in the same sites.

I used my test unit,,in what I call controlled sites,,where I have really spent the biggest part of my 6years detecting,,,using some top notch detectors.

Most of these sites,,I was surprised,,meaning Impact showed me something promising as far as performance and capability.

A trend I saw,,that definitely allowed me to talk here like I have about it.

Nice find.
First of many with your new detector.
I look forward to seeing more,,and seeing you help other folks.

They are probably getting tired of reading my post anyway,,can't say I don't blame them.

I do want folks here on this forum,,after they have say put in some quality time with their units,,,I would like for them to grade what I personally posted about this detector.

Meaning was I on point,,,telling it like it is.

If I get a good grade here by most folks,,,I may test another detector for a manufacturer,,if they will let me.

If I get a bad grade here from most folks,,,I will not test another detector for any manufacturer ever in the future.

So keep the results coming,,and comments.

Thanks for sharing.

Welcome, I did get the Pro pack was curious what tone breaks to use? Also with the smaller coil should I do a slow swing or faster swing?

Welcome, I did get the Pro pack was curious what tone breaks to use? Also with the smaller coil should I do a slow swing or faster swing?

See this link,,,the second chart is correct.
Notice not all modes give same ID.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2348870

Using small coil,,sweep speed needs to be driven by site.

If you are getting a lot of iron volume with coil movement..,like machine gun fire,,go slow.
Even consider standing in one place and sweeping back and forth with varied speeds over the same spots,,and even using your arm,,,,to move coil slightly closer to your body and sweeping,,and extending arm slightly and sweeping.

I have actually swept as many as 12 times back and forth without taking a step.
Sounds strange or funny,,maybe,,,but remember in heavy iron only a sliver of the center portion(fore to aft) of coil is all that can be passed over some targets and get a tone that alerts you.

With some practice/experience,,you'll see what I'm talking about.

Get your eyes off of the perimeter silhouette of coil when trying to cover ground in polluted sites,,,you'll find more targets trying to hide from you(masked).
Need like an inch worth of coil progression,,even less sometimes.
Takes a long time to hunt using any coil really,,even a 10ft y 10 ft section,,,small coil obviously longer.

Give the small coil a chance to peek in the trash and ferrous junk items.

Thus was my first outing with the impact http://forum.treasureclassifieds.co...o-be-really-good-friends#sthash.8C2aNkWC.dpbs

Hey TNS. I use Sunray pro gold headphones and when I had them plugged into the imoact I had a constant background buzz or hum that never went away no matter what mode I was in. Is that common or no? And I was using DI99 and it got real chatty at random points and frequency shifting seemed to help at points, but then after a few minutes it would come back. How can I mitigate that. There are powerlines at the location I was at but I mean it would get real bad

Thus was my first outing with the impact http://forum.treasureclassifieds.co...o-be-really-good-friends#sthash.8C2aNkWC.dpbs

Hey TNS. I use Sunray pro gold headphones and when I had them plugged into the imoact I had a constant background buzz or hum that never went away no matter what mode I was in. Is that common or no? And I was using DI99 and it got real chatty at random points and frequency shifting seemed to help at points, but then after a few minutes it would come back. How can I mitigate that. There are powerlines at the location I was at but I mean it would get real bad

I did a lot of testing/hunting using my own pro gold headphones.
When the Impact is on,,you will hear a steady low something,,not dead quiet.
This sound I would rate as clean and steady and not associated with the chatiness you mention later in your post here.

It is raining cats and dogs here right now,,,under a flood watch,,or I would go outside and listen to my unit wearing the same headphones to give a more exact better description.

Next,
The chatiness you mention.
If the chatiness is being caused by emi,,,some things to try.
Change channels.
Change freq.
If you are dead set on using one freq specific on Impact.
Raise disc level a bit,,,remember if you start getting over level 3 some of the top performance unmasking /separation will be diminished,,even some possible depth capabilities.

Reduce gain.
Reduce coil size

Deep mode more sensitive to emi vs the other modes.

I have commented in this thread earlier,,there were some occasions when I was detecting,,I experienced temporary periods with aircraft near where i was using 20khz,,,the Impact would get all tied up in knots,,when this happened transitioning to either 5 or 14khZ,,seemed no emi present or very reduced affects noted.

Hope this helps you.

Nice finds btw.
A good start.

I did a lot of testing/hunting using my own pro gold headphones.
When the Impact is on,,you will hear a steady low something,,not dead quiet.
This sound I would rate as clean and steady and not associated with the chatiness you mention later in your post here.

It is raining cats and dogs here right now,,,under a flood watch,,or I would go outside and listen to my unit wearing the same headphones to give a more exact better description.

Next,
The chatiness you mention.
If the chatiness is being caused by emi,,,some things to try.
Change channels.
Change freq.
If you are dead set on using one freq specific on Impact.
Raise disc level a bit,,,remember if you start getting over level 3 some of the top performance unmasking /separation will be diminished,,even some possible depth capabilities.

Reduce gain.
Reduce coil size

Deep mode more sensitive to emi vs the other modes.

I have commented in this thread earlier,,there were some occasions when I was detecting,,I experienced temporary periods with aircraft near where i was using 20khz,,,the Impact would get all tied up in knots,,when this happened transitioning to either 5 or 14khZ,,seemed no emi present or very reduced affects noted.

Hope this helps you.

Nice finds btw.
A good start.

Your help is always valuable. I appreciate it. The buzz noise I get on my Sunrays is very noticeable. It got pretty bad to wear I had to take off the headphones every once in a while so I didn't have to hear it. I will have to try the pair that came with the Pro package and see if it's just a headphone problem

Your help is always valuable. I appreciate it. The buzz noise I get on my Sunrays is very noticeable. It got pretty bad to wear I had to take off the headphones every once in a while so I didn't have to hear it. I will have to try the pair that came with the Pro package and see if it's just a headphone problem

My pro golds sound good,,,nothing distracting tonally while using them.

Have you tried any other headphones??

My pro golds sound good,,,nothing distracting tonally while using them.

Have you tried any other headphones??

Well I tried the Phillips headphones that come with the impact and I can just barely hear it, but the volume on those headphones doesn't seem the best either. When i unplugged my sunrays i was actually hearing the buzz without any headphones on. The detectors speakers are making the sound, so I don't think it's a headphone problem but something with the internals.

Well I tried the Phillips headphones that come with the impact and I can just barely hear it, but the volume on those headphones doesn't seem the best either. When i unplugged my sunrays i was actually hearing the buzz without any headphones on. The detectors speakers are making the sound, so I don't think it's a headphone problem but something with the internals.

Have you done a factory program reset??
Worth a try.

I wish I could hear what you are hearing.

Does the buzz with volume maxed and gain lowered always persist??
Even with gain at level 1 and volume maxed??

when you are in the thick iron hunting does it have that tendency like the racer 2 to high tone on iron? I found that to be a major problem for me with that detector. Does the impact do that too? I saw the video of the hoover boys using it and he had a pile of iron that he dug ,so it made me think it might do the same as the racer 2 in iron and high tone all the time ?

when you are in the thick iron hunting does it have that tendency like the racer 2 to high tone on iron? I found that to be a major problem for me with that detector. Does the impact do that too? I saw the video of the hoover boys using it and he had a pile of iron that he dug ,so it made me think it might do the same as the racer 2 in iron and high tone all the time ?

Impact different than Racer 1 and 2 and Nokta Relic and CoRe units in this regard.

Audio is cleaner overall,,handles iron better.
Better tonal transition overall.
Now,,will the Impact ever false on iron?? Yes
Show me a detector that won't!!!

With time,,,we'll get to see hopefully more and more feedback and hunt reports,,even from previous and still current Racer and Relic detector owners.

I watched the Hoover boys video,,in the video comments were made they dug a lot of the iron to validate what the detector was telling them and also commented some of the iron was incidentally dug while digging nonferrous finds.

New Impact users,,can expect to do the same thing.
I did as well when I was testing and using Impact.

Scott, I'll bring mine on vacatiion end of may if you want to test or go hunt. I think I'm only 20-30min from you. I'm sure I could get one day to escape.

I hated the way the R2 spiked off the edge of iron as well, it really needed some type of masking to smooth it out.

Back
Top Bottom