1652 oak tree shilling!!!!

Man, that is one fantastic find! Heard of the pine tree shilling, thought chances were slim of turning up something like this. Great to hear that someone can actually make these kinds of finds!

Congratulations!

after soaking in olive oil for two weeks and a acetone rinse

DSCN0551.jpg

DSCN0550.jpg

it still has lots of loose dirt on it

Maybe you have mentioned this before.......but I was wondering if research had led you to believe that this site could have this much potential. In 20-20 hind site does it seem more reasonable now?

Maybe you have mentioned this before.......but I was wondering if research had led you to believe that this site could have this much potential. In 20-20 hind site does it seem more reasonable now?

no i do alot of research but this site was a drive by i found last year. the first time i was there i hit a 1785 vermont after that I got nothing there untill a year later, not even a wheat. althogh you can see some deep scratches on the date side of the coin these were done very long ago most likely by the horse drawn plow still at the site.

I did the dance just seeing that!!!

My sincerest congratulations. That is quite the detecting mile stone.

Thanks for sharing. It motivates us all through the thorns, tabs, and shot gun shells.

Absolutely gorgeous !!.. Those Aussie girls are hard to beat..hey, the coin's not bad either !..Congrats ! Roadrunner

What a beautiful coin to find, don't clean it any more unless you intend to keep it.
If it had been in better condition, and you intended selling it, cleaning could have halved
it's value

Strangely enough, I was only reading an article on these coins in the latest Searcher magazine, this morning.

One of the Pine tree variety in good condition went up for auction with a starting price of £6,000 - £8,000. It finally went for £48,000 plus a buyers premium of £7,200.

Well found !!..... It's also a notch in the shaft for the Ace 250 :)

(I don't know how I missed this story first time around ? )

Congratulations On Your Find !!! Good to know there are still Great finds like yours to be made out there :yes:

What a beautiful coin to find, don't clean it any more unless you intend to keep it.
If it had been in better condition, and you intended selling it, cleaning could have halved
it's value

Strangely enough, I was only reading an article on these coins in the latest Searcher magazine, this morning.

One of the Pine tree variety in good condition went up for auction with a starting price of £6,000 - £8,000. It finally went for £48,000 plus a buyers premium of £7,200.

Well found !!..... It's also a notch in the shaft for the Ace 250 :)

(I don't know how I missed this story first time around ? )

i did not realy clean the coin just soaked it and its still covered in loose soil.
was the pine tree a dug find? also has there been any reports of NE coins found across the pond? -

I did not really clean the coin just soaked it and its still covered in loose soil.
Was the pine tree a dug find? also has there been any reports of NE coins found across the pond? -

It doesn't say where the Pine Tree coin came from, but a similar coin which was a detector find, was found in 2005. This was auctioned last year for
£2,700, it was damaged on the edge though.

I don't know of any being found over here, but it's a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom