As A Newbie, If You Had To Choose...

..I am very poor and still have not gotten myself a pinpointer after these past 8yrs of hard hunting...Its just me and my rig and my headphones and a simple screwdriver, no kneepads or special digging tool..a $1 cotton lumberyard nails finds pouch...

Yeah, I can only do about 10K coins per season consistent, , running at a 90 CPH pull rate in my spare time ..if I only had a pinpointer! I think I could speed things up and make some real money! If I only had kneepads I'd really be rolling it in! :laughing: if I only had a Butler pouring me drinks and holding an umbrella I'd really be making pay!

You dont need dink to do well in this Sport except a bloodthirsty and insane commitment...everything else is just accessories...

I got a pinpoiner for Christmas. Still haven't used it. Probably only place I need it is if I'm hunting a yard or park for silver and want to make the smallest hole possible. Even took off my headphones and hunt without them too. Again only place I'd use them is in a park where people are around. the racer 2 and mxt all pro do fine without either.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Headphones can be bought for $5 and for land, they'll sound nearly as good as most factory ones...

You don't need that good of headphones for detecting, anything made for music, will more than coverer the frequency response needed from your machine..

<°)))>{

So, you hunt with a $69 Bounty Hunter?

:whistle:

PINPOINTER!! One can get Koss headphones at Walmart for $6 and they are fabulous-AND you can wear them NEAR your ears if you don't have a volume control- like my Ace. PLUS, they are great with the smaller earbuds in summer. Finally, get a waterproof pinpointer and you can hunt the beach lines, etc without anyone being the wiser!! What more can I say?:cool:

The earbuds from my Samsung Galaxy and old Sony MP3 sound the as my Grey Ghost phones. All three have volume adjustment. The ear buds are much cooler in the summer time too!

I also researched some ebay style earbuds (with that wrap around the back of your ear) that got rave reviews. $5.99 delivered (international shipping). I bought 10 pairs and they sound as great as my others. Now I have extra sets to keep in the glove boxes of my cars or spares for the kids.

I'd think the bigger problem is aging operators and hearing loss. My hearing is superb and I can identify frequency differences in tone and volume. Someone with hearing loss may need significantly greater amplification.

Additionally, some detectors have tech that boosts audio signals. For example, the Minelab Explorer, Safari, and Equinox. With these machines, "whisper" signals are never a whisper. They are amplified to a significantly loud tone.

Point missed...

<°)))>{

iu

Back
Top Bottom