Still in shock best coin ever

Toasted

Elite Member
Found the top of nearly every east coast hunters bucketlist yesterday. A full weight large planchet 1652 Pine Tree shilling. :shock: Thought I would never be able to top finding a gold coin but this one surely does. I could probably clean this one up more as it has lots of detail left but I’m scared to take it too far so Im satisfied with how it looks for now

Attachments

• E65030AA-9AFA-47CE-9E4E-5FF7A6F6707B.jpg
    E65030AA-9AFA-47CE-9E4E-5FF7A6F6707B.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,428
  • 417A4E7A-F191-4D62-AA82-0206EE189EFE.jpg
    417A4E7A-F191-4D62-AA82-0206EE189EFE.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,388
There are no words heavy enough to describe how awesome that is. I’ll leave it with a major CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never learn to ignore your threads! Now I'll go out today and find a couple of 1700's flat buttons and be SO disappointed!

Did you really find that in Maryland? Wow!

Whoa...just a 367 year old silver colonial coin...mind blown.

Without divulging too much, can you share some details of how you came upon such an awesome piece of American history?

Whoa...just a 367 year old silver colonial coin...mind blown.

Without divulging too much, can you share some details of how you came upon such an awesome piece of American history?

Found about 100 yards away from an area that has given up some early colonial stuff. Dug it and thought what is this weird square piece of metal. Looked closer saw the date and about had a heart attack

How cool to find one in Maryland .. now a lord Baltimore silver sixpence is in order !! 😀

Wow! Are most of them clipped like that? I love it.

Im pretty sure this one was clipped like this by the mint as its weight is very close to what one should weigh. The planchets used for these were not uniform so clipping was sometimes necessary I have seen some with similar clips but I dont think its as common as the rounder ones

Back
Top Bottom