What Coil?

I do not own the NEL sharpshooter but probably will soon. I hear so many good things about them from their owners.. The people that have them seem to love them.

Cool, just want to hear some opinions on these two coils, if Im going to spend the money I would like to get the better of the two. Will my machine work properly with an aftermarket coil? Im assuming I will have to reset my settings or something with NEL or just plug it in and go?

I have heard good things about the NEL Sharpshooter, I have the NEL Big. Those I have heard say they get as good depth as they did with the ATP stock coil. NEL coils are plug in ground balance at go. There is no adjustment to be made. The NEL weighs half an ounce more.

There are plenty of Youtube videos to help you decide.

I have a NEL Tornado on my AT Pro. I love it. It took some getting used to at first. The bigger coil sees a lot more ground so more targets kind of saturate the machine if you are in a trashy area but it is workable if you take the time to listen to the machine. It is an incredible coil on fields, open woods, etc. and it does separate targets well and I have had much success learning to interpret what I hear and see on the VDI. I found an old brass lock almost 18" down in a field. I was convinced it was a piece of iron like a plow share or something that was big and heavy based on the location and the signal but it had a little bit of a squeak so I dug it and I got this severely corroded but really cool old brass lock that was pretty darn deep.

I am considering the NEL Sharpshooter as a counterpart to the Tornado for those picnic and pavillion type places and old foundations with a lot of trash and tight maneuvering areas.

Back
Top Bottom