Somebody else got a great find! Oops.

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Yesterday, I was posting some items on eBay, and tossed up four 40% halves, a Washington Quarter and a SLQ as a group.

The melt value on these items are $17.06.

I got them posted for $15 auction with a shipping charge.... but in the process of "revising" another sale, I accidentally clicked this one and revised THIS auction to a "buy it now" for $12 with free shipping.

It went through, and before I could rectify my mistake, someone bought it!

The whole thing just made me laugh. So... my take after all the fees and shipping was $7.83 for $17 of melt.

Somebody KILLED IT on EBay last night. LOL

I shipped out the coins with heavy heart. Ahh... ya win some, ya lose some. :)

Skippy

Yesterday, I was posting some items on eBay, and tossed up four 40% halves, a Washington Quarter and a SLQ as a group.

I got them posted for $15 auction with a shipping charge.... but in the process of "revising" another sale, I accidentally clicked this one and revised THIS auction to a "buy it now" for $12 with free shipping.

The whole thing just made me laugh. So... my take after all the fees and shipping was $7.83 for $17 of melt.

Skippy

I'll sell it back to you for $30 :lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I wish it was me. Sadly I was just pulling a prank on poor Skippy. A 'backstory post' as it were. They are very popular on a sports site that I frequent.

BCD

That's actually pretty funny. I was in the process of congratulating you, when I noted the timing.. LOL

Someone got a good deal, though. :) Thanks for the laugh... It's been a ROUGH day.

I went out detecting earlier, found a nice men's ring that would go well in the box, and for some IDIOTIC reason, I decided to put it into my pocket "for safekeeping" instead of my finds pouch. After driving back from the city I visited, I checked my pocket and realized that it was the same pocket my KEYS were in. You guessed it. When I pulled my keys out, the ring likely popped free.

I think I need to just binge-watch Netflix this weekend. It's likely to be safer than me doing something else I can screw up. No power tools, for sure.

Skippy

Went to the store last week to get a chain for a pendent I found.they had to order it. Put it in my pocket. 5 minute ride home and it's no longer in my pocket!so I guess the wife gets a chain for her birthday with nothing else but good intentions. Stuff Happens! And you're not alone.

I went out detecting earlier, found a nice men's ring that would go well in the box, and for some IDIOTIC reason, I decided to put it into my pocket "for safekeeping" instead of my finds pouch. After driving back from the city I visited, I checked my pocket and realized that it was the same pocket my KEYS were in. You guessed it. When I pulled my keys out, the ring likely popped free.

Unfortunately, I've done that too. Lost my first silver rosie that way. It was a 1946 and in good condition. Lesson learned, always use the pouch.

Unfortunately, I've done that too. Lost my first silver rosie that way. It was a 1946 and in good condition. Lesson learned, always use the pouch.

And yet, I've lost them out of the pouch, too! Which is why I put it in my pocket. When the change part get so full things can spill out. Next time, I'll just dump the change in with the trash. Ah well. :). At least this one I got a picture first!!

unfortunately, i've done that too.

COIN3.jpg

Skippy
Sorry you lost out. This whole thread plus the winner of your auction's is hilarious though. Thanks for posting ;-)

Oldest coin- 1958 Wheatie

Back
Top Bottom