Wheats, Wheats & more Wheats.. finally some Shiny! plus update!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Yes... I know it is only 3 Silver Mercury dimes, but I have been on a bit of a shiny drought lately. Have hunted hard in some pretty good permissions but there was no silver to be had until today. During the last 6 days, I have the ok at homes dating from the late 1940's back to the late 1910's. Nothing but Wheaties Wheaties Wheaties! Finally today, up in Missoula, I found part of a curb strip that had not been hit, and gained permission at a few yards and some shiny made an appearance!

I found the three silver dimes, and about 23 more wheat pennies today, making a total of about 65 wheat pennies over the last hunts. I know no one will catch Trapper (jack&jill) on his silver totals, but I am hoping for second place. My goal is 200 silver coins this year, and I am close! Also found the usual clad, tons of copper memorial pennies, and a cool copper "ANACONDA" marked key chain fob.

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 437
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Wow, that is a boat load of Wheat's. You truly earned those 3 Merc's. Reaching 200 is no easy task, it takes extreme effort and commitment and it is very obvious the you are giving on both accounts. I know the hours it takes, the research done and the leg work of permissions. I want you to know this was never a race. Unless the challenge I put to myself knowing that retirement would give me a freedom to indulge the child like activity of playing in the dirt. Congrats on a super year and I hope the success continues. Trapper

Heck, the wheats and that cool fob made for a nice hunt but adding 3 mercs to the pile is fantastic, Congrats on some great hunts and good luck hitting the 200 mark!

Thanks for the kind words, and yes, I did really work for those three Merc Dimes!

And Trapper, it was never a "race" between us, I am totally happy for you to punch thru the 300 silver coin mark, and it was only my personal goal, just like you with 300, to get to 200 silver coins this year. Each one that comes out of the ground is a delight, and I wish the both of us more good finds, best wishes and happy hunting always!

Great hunt! Good luck on reaching 200, i hit 50 this year and life and work have gotten in the way, and have not been out hunting since. Cool keychain too!

Triple digit silver seasons are a commitment, lots of time and effort needed to pull it off...and you seem to have the dedication to do it:yes: Congrats on the trio of Mercs and closing in on silver #200...nice work!

Update to thread, more silver and a Montana token!

I appreciate the comments, thank you!

Did a short detect here in town at a 1905 home, and added a bit more to the silver total. Pic follows... a 1905 worn Barber Dime, and a worn 1910 Canadian silver quarter, along with a 1926 Canadian Cent and a really cool STULTS & FROGGE / CORVALLIS, MONT trade token, good for 12 1/2 cents in trade. Delighted to recover that token! Corvallis is a small town here in Ravalli County located about 6 miles north of where I live.

Attachments

• frogge.jpg
    frogge.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 243
Back
Top Bottom