When is it time to upgrade?

filipinos don't drop coins, do they?..they don't have much to begin with! ..i'll bet they don't wear their gold to the beach either!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

filipinos don't drop coins, do they?..they don't have much to begin with! ..i'll bet they don't wear their gold to the beach either!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

The rich American and European and Chinese and Australians love to show off their gold and silver jewelry over there at the nice resorts beaches . Most modern Philippines coins have no real value except the older ones under American rule which were minted in the states from silver. The 1903-1906 peso is minted on the same blank as the Morgan dollar , the 1907-1912 slightly smaller but still silver . Then there is almost 400 years of Spanish rule were gold and silver coins were used. There are also lots of war relics from World War II to be found. With about 7000 islands there and very few detectors in the country, it is worth the effort. Biggest draw back is trashy public beaches , and heat .

Last edited:
You are the only one who can determine if you "Need" to Upgrade and just how much of an upgrade you want. So far I have not seen any need to upgrade. I started with a fairly expensive machine and it has reimbursed me far more that I paid for it. I then bought a waterproof machine and it has reimbursed me far more than I paid for it. I have looked at the Minelab Equinox but I don't see any great benefit from them above what I already own. . So I am still swinging my Obsolete machines.

I upgraded from a bounty hunter “treasure hunter” I used it for years and thought, there’s gotta be more. I went for the nox 600 and it makes my old bh feel like I was walking around with a magnet hoping to find gold lol.

When it’s time, you just know it... how many times have you pounded the same ground? An upgrade can renew that same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late last summer I started detecting with a Bounty hunter discovery 3300. By the time the snow started, I knew I was hooked. Upgraded this spring. Tried out an AT max but ended up with a Nox 800.

HD

Hooty,

Based on your hobbies listed, I think you might enjoy building a "Mirage Pi" metal detector. Google it.

D

That's pretty cool. I've got a handful of raspberry pi's lying around, of all the pi projects I've done in the past it surprises me that I've never heard of this one. Good recommendation!

I am not sure if the Mirage Pi is open source, but with your skill set you could probably find a project that will give you some fulfillment and I would bet you’ll end up with something pretty cool in the end.

If you do end up making something, please post and let everyone see your project.

D

Back
Top Bottom