Golds #6, and #7 fty. Bucket Lister!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Today, I went to an elementary school that has a large field, that I ALWAYS am able to pull out a few rings from. I've gone over it, but probably have never full gridded this thing, though I've come close. There's always a bunch of pennies and stuff in the field, and sometimes I've skipped them.

Today, I chose not to skip anything. Glad I did! In the pics below, you'll find images of a target that rang up a sketchy 71. Normally, this is a penny signal, but it sounded funny. I figured it was a corroded penny, but dug it anyway.

Wow, was I surprised! This was a bucket lister for me. A gold ring on a chain. Bingo! Number was up, apparently.

The gold ring is marked 14K and is every bit of it. The chain was missing the clasp, but since it was shiny in the dirt (which is typically never dry, year round), I figured it was gold, too. Acid testing revealed 10K pass, 14K fail.

Was thrilled to have nailed golds #6, and #7 for the year. It's the third "Double" gold in a single hole for me, this year. I could get used to this. :)

Pushing ring #100 for the year, too. Not too far off.

Ring came in at 5 grams on the nose, and the chain at about 1.2 grams. $140 for 90 minutes of detecting... Wish EVERY hunt was like that. Pulled another 2 kid rings, too, along with $1.45 in change, a BFF pendant necklace (which I gave to a kid who was politely following me around... probably 5 years old), and Poke'mon token.

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 385
Wow, great find. Congrats. I'm still searching for my first gold.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Wow, great find. Congrats. I'm still searching for my first gold.

Its out there. About 1/3 of my gold comes in the form of penny signals. usually pretty big, too. Sometimes as high as 14-15 grams (class rings). Don't forget to dig um, if they even remotely sound "not like a perfect penny".

:)

Its out there. About 1/3 of my gold comes in the form of penny signals. usually pretty big, too. Sometimes as high as 14-15 grams (class rings). Don't forget to dig um, if they even remotely sound "not like a perfect penny".

:)
I dig the penny signals. Came home with 26 clad pennies today, along with other clad.

Awesome post! Great story and pictures. Park/grass gold is not easy to get! Big congrats to you! Im still looking for my first gold to come from a nice plug of dirt.

I dig the penny signals. Came home with 26 clad pennies today, along with other clad.

Yeah, I usually pull about 500 or more a month, too. They're not all gold, that's for sure. LOL

But... given that the value of just this gold is well over 50% of my clad count for the year, it's worth it to dig em.

Skippy

Congrats and great photos. I could almost feel the anticipation of scraping off the dirt to see what was hiding

I've pulled out the camera on a few occasions when that "gold" shiny turns out to be everything from bottle caps, to pen rings (that middle part in a nice pen), and even stupid gold-colored pop-tops. LOL

I don't save those photos...

Skippy

Nice find! A couple weeks ago, I dug a ring on a necklace, with a chain bracelet attached too. No silver or gold in the set, though.
Sounds like you're doing good this season; as usual. Hoping your big scores are yet to come!

Fantastic find Skippy. Glad to see you still racking them up. I dug 32 pennies yesterday at a ballfield complex, all I got was 32 pennies - and sore knees. Still, your post gives me hope.

Luv that in-situ reveal ! The perfect self-control to stop, and capture a pix :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom