Looking for lost WWII Treasure

Yep! You got us hooked deep!! We are RIGHT in your Wheelhouse Buddy! Man keep it coming! We love pics and stories! Thanks for using that pic of me there in my Underoos with my squirrel rifle......I forgot all about that one...!:laughing:

Great Story, I must read your 2 novels thanks for sharing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing the pics and info !!!!

I guess after the amazing treasure hunting you have done it could be a little bit of a letdown if you were to retire and just metal detect in your local town finding mostly clad and pull-tabs :detector: :lol: :j/k:

Interesting post about your long time adventures. There must be a lot of treasure to share in photo's. I look forward to seeing them and hearing about the adventure.

Yep! You got us hooked deep!! We are RIGHT in your Wheelhouse Buddy! Man keep it coming! We love pics and stories! Thanks for using that pic of me there in my Underoos with my squirrel rifle......I forgot all about that one...!:laughing:

Warning the picture of Mud in his Underoos may be disturbing and should have a Surgeon General's warning attached. :lol:

Nice little cache of ampules in your pic! I remember that movie. Nick Nolte was still fairly nice looking back then and hadn't deteriorated into a drunken, wrinkly loose skinned looking old guy yet :lol: Wasn't there something in it about emeralds too, or am I mixing my plot lines?...

I'll have to read your novels, the covers are pretty snazzy. Don't worry about shameless self promotion, we're all here to find a good story to vicariously get us through our latest hunting joneses when it's too hot, too cold, too dang dry, or too wet to get out there and hunt anyway!

Naah. Still get a rush from digging a coin or a Civil War artifact. I live in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia so there's lots of history out there to chase without a 16 hour plane ride, leeches and folks shooting at ya in the Philippines. but . . . I still am wary of those VA redneck farmers and their double barrel shot guns. ha.

Yeah, Nick was the man back then. Dead right about the current Nick Nolte, yikes, Father Time has not been kind. Ah, but we'll always have that young Jacqueline in that famous wet t-shirt to fondly remember. I wonder if the morphine in my vials is still good??

Love the book covers, look as good as the book is I hope! maybe when the ground freezes I'll have time to read....

Welcome to the forum from Western NY

:welcome2:

Yeah, Nick was the man back then. Dead right about the current Nick Nolte, yikes, Father Time has not been kind. Ah, but we'll always have that young Jacqueline in that famous wet t-shirt to fondly remember. I wonder if the morphine in my vials is still good??

Yep, poor ole Nick... I read somewhere that Jacqueline in that t-shirt made the director a rich man... I hope she got rich off of it too, she was a pretty good actress back in the day. I don't know about that morphine, but if it's any good it would hook ya and if it's bad it would kill ya. Not good either way :lol:

Nick Auclair

If you read Nick"s blog about his experiences in the Philippines during the 1980's you will want to read his books. When he was stationed at Clark Air Force Base he was doing the Indiana Jones thing that we all dream about. He has some great pictures on his blog. www.steelstreasure.com , his e-mail address is also on there. I am looking forward to seeing a lot more of his pictures and hearing some of his adventures. You have to think during the 1980's World War II had only been over about 40 years and there was stuff left over to be found all over the jungle over there. I really enjoyed his books and hope he will follow up with a 3rd in the series. Rigt now he is working on a book on the Spanish American War that i will read as soon as it comes out. It has been to hot here to detect anyway might as well read about treasure.

Let down

Thanks for sharing the pics and info !!!!

I guess after the amazing treasure hunting you have done it could be a little bit of a letdown if you were to retire and just metal detect in your local town finding mostly clad and pull-tabs :detector: :lol: :j/k:

I can't imagine trading that kind of excitement of the jungle and going in to a bunker that as been abandoned for 40 years , for what we have here in the states. But the detectors are a lot better now and you have the civil war in your back yard.

Glad you are shareing your Philippine experiences on here

We were in the Philippines for 3 weeks this June , i enjoyed hunting on the beaches for coins and jewlery. Most of the public beaches were so full of trash it was hard to find anything but bottle caps. We did hunt on some of the tourist beaches which are kept clean and did much better. One of the grand nephiews was real intrested in my detector and wants one, we are sending one over for him in a box for Christmas . He is only 6 but big for his age so i am sending a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV . He wants to find treasure and money and be rich, he already has the fever. The coins over there are made of a variety of metals so he will have to hunt in all metal anyway. Thursday last week they had a eartquake 6.5 in the central Philippines, my wifes family home on Bohol since then has only been getting 1 hour of electric each day at random times. That is about enough time to charge cell phones and use pumps to move water to the storage tanks. They are tough people over there and will endure till the power grid is repaired.

Nick you are a very welcome new voice on here , love your books.

I have read a lot about all the Japanese treasure hid all around the Phiilippines , there is lots of diffrent theroies about it. You can find lots of them reserching on the internet now days. Some people think President Marcos found most of it adding to his great wealth , there are other theroies that the American Goverment found much of it after the war and secretly used it to finance anti comunist projects around the world. With it being hid in vaults scattered all over the Philippines i doubt all the locations have ever been found. Then there are all the smaller hords of gold and silver hid by the Japanese soldiers hopeing to retrieve them after the war and be rich . We know for a fact that the American forces loaded bardges full of crates of silver coins and took them out to Manila bay and sank them to keep the silver out of Japanese hands. Some of that silver was recovered by the Japanese by forcing American POW divers to dive for it , also after the war the American navy sent divers down to recover much of it. Many of those crates broke open and the coins are sitting at the bottom of the harbor covered in silt. Considering the diving equipment avaliable around World War II and shortly after it would have been hard to see and recover the coins . Most of those silver coins were all minted here in the United States since the Philippines was under American rule at the time. Because of the rough terran and jungles there still may be lots of undetected sites with gold and treasure left. The Japanese didn't make it easy to get to any of the treasure often bobby traping the sites. It is all ways fun to think what you might find over there. Anyone that wants to look for the treasure in- land needs a goverment permit and you can bet they will take their share of any finds. Lots of fun to read about and Nick was over there at a good time the 1980's before a lot of people knew much about the treasures . Looking forward to hearing more of his adventures and enjoyed his books.

Last edited:
Welcome from Mass, Rockland

Hi
I've been a metal detectorist and treasure hunter for many years. I got the bug living in the Philippines where I was searching for the lost treasures of the Tiger of Malaya-- the Japanese WWII army general Yamashita. I've done several postings in the Family Friendly section, but wanted to introduce myself to the wider group. I've posted a couple of photos of my adventures-- one of the Zambales mountains where I explored and of some the WWII items I've found. My favorite find was a Samurai sword.

Nick Auclair
Author
www.steelstreasure.com

Set on and around Clark Air Base in the 1980s, Steel’s Treasure and its sequel Steel's Gold are thriller adventure, mystery, and works of military historical fiction that weave USAF Major Nick Auclair’s experiences as an intelligence officer with firsthand accounts of the war between the New People’s Army and the Marcos regime. Follow Steel as he risks his career, his freedom, and ultimately his life to uncover the legendary plunder of WWII General Yamashita, the Tiger of Malay.

Great to have you on the Forum
Happy Treasure Hunting
dennis

Back
Top Bottom