Dirty Beaches in the Philippines

dirtykneese

Forum Supporter
Well, my wife and I got away for the weekend. We went to Subic Bay in Olongopo. We found a resort that was not sold out. Not the best place, but still nice. I got a chance to detect. These beaches where we were at were very trashy. I hunted for 1.5 hours. Only 1 peso. All trash. Bottle caps. Wires. Chain for the dog.
I was using my Detector Pro Pirate Pro. It worked great on dry sand and also I walked into the salt water with out any change at all. I run very low disc. Senc as high as I could on dry sand. Did not have to change senc at all when I got into wet sand or the water..
I did get a couple more pictures of them boats for Mud-puppy.
Hope you enjoy the pictures.... KEN

Attachments

• Metal detecting Olongopo 2017 (1).jpg
    Metal detecting Olongopo 2017 (1).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,376
  • Metal detecting Olongopo 2017 (3).jpg
    Metal detecting Olongopo 2017 (3).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 919
  • Metal detecting Olongopo 2017 (2).jpg
    Metal detecting Olongopo 2017 (2).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 910
  • Olongopo 2017 (1).jpg
    Olongopo 2017 (1).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 912
Last edited:
Cool! A great big dive boat built just the same way as the little ones! Its funny how all regions on this Planet have certain style boats that are the common...like over in Mexico its those sweet Pangas...and over here in the States is those stupid Pontoons or jetskis! :laughing: Nice beach report Ken! Thanks!
Mud

Subic Bay

Were the Russian navy boats still in the area when you visited ? If the Russian Navy starts to have regular stops and lets the salors off there will be a fresh supply of Russian coins and vodika bottles. There might be a bunch of new resorts to catter to them like it was when it was a USA navil port. I imagine a bunch of hard drinking Russian salors let loose in the Philippines would be good for the local economy , and drinking right on the beach will be great for detecting.:laughing:

Beach

Well, my wife and I got away for the weekend. We went to Subic Bay in Olongopo. We found a resort that was not sold out. Not the best place, but still nice. I got a chance to detect. These beaches where we were at were very trashy. I hunted for 1.5 hours. Only 1 peso. All trash. Bottle caps. Wires. Chain for the dog.
I was using my Detector Pro Pirate Pro. It worked great on dry sand and also I walked into the salt water with out any change at all. I run very low disc. Senc as high as I could on dry sand. Did not have to change senc at all when I got into wet sand or the water..
I did get a couple more pictures of them boats for Mud-puppy.
Hope you enjoy the pictures.... KEN

Looks like the beach right down from my wifes home on Bohol,Philippines with the brown sand and fishing boats. There are a number of White sand beaches in the Philippines which is where you find some of the bigger resorts that cater to a lot to Europeans and Americans , & locals with a little money. I know Ken was more that ready to get away from the house and hit a beach for awhile. Nice pictures Ken ,much better than looking out at snow.

Philippines beach

Cool photos... always a good reminder that not every beach is filled with gold rings. LOL

Being a poor country most beaches over there have no such thing as trash pick up or even trash barrels to place them in. I even hit a old paint can about 1 foot down on one of them thinking i had found a treasure. Most people over there reuse every thing they can, burn the trash they can't, and bury what they cant use or burn.

While we were at this beach resort, There was a little house with a grass roof. Well, they thought that during low tide it was time ti take off the old roof and burn it on the beach. It was a big fire. All that smoke and !!!! every place. They don't care. As the tide come back up, it started to wash away all the !!!! out in to the ocean. By the next morning ,only a few ashes and nails were left on the beach. They were finished with the roof. There were nails and wire in about a 15 foot area. They just let it sink into the sand. This is what you find detecting on many of the beaches... KEN

Can you detect the area where the Navy Base was located. I think I may have lost some silver coins there between the EM Club and where the ships tied up. Any coins that I lost would have been silver because that was before the Mint ruined our coins.

Can you detect the area where the Navy Base was located. I think I may have lost some silver coins there between the EM Club and where the ships tied up. Any coins that I lost would have been silver because that was before the Mint ruined our coins.

As an old Navy guy, you can bet lots of coins were dropped stumbling out of the EM Club!! ;):D

I don't know if they would let you detect their. I never been to many of the places where the base is at. There are guards all over the place. KEN

As an old Navy guy, you can bet lots of coins were dropped stumbling out of the EM Club!! ;):D

We don't live near their. I would like to detect their. I have no idea how or who to ask about hunting their. We only go their to visit my wife sister. She can not help' She done lost her mind. Don't know anyone... KEN

Subic Bay base

Soon the Russian fleet might be tied up there and Russian saliors using the Port . They had a coupple of ships visiting a few days ago. Might be lots of lost Russian coins lost in the area. Russia has promissed to sell the Philippines all the weapons they want.

Dirty beaches

I will be hunting some of the dirty beaches over there in June , i will be hunting on the Island of Bohol about 45o miles south of Ken's location.

Beaches on Bohol

Bohol is more of a tourist place. I hope the beaches are much cleaner their. I am sure you will do much better than I did.. Good luck... KEN

While there are nice White sand beaches at some of the up scale resorts that are kept clean, most of the common beaches look just like the ones in your pictures with lots of trash burried in the sand. When we go over there this summer i am taking a small coil for the detector to help with the trash. Most of the coins i found last trip which was 2010 was diffrent denominations centaoves . These coins are almost worthless now since it took 100 centavoes to equal i Peso. The Peso is now close to 50 Pesos -1 USA dollar. You would of need a bucket full of them just to buy a beer or soda. On one of the small islands near Bohol i was detecting a Spanish watch tower ,this structure was about 400 years old , didn't find any thing there but the locals on the island were raising chickens in side it. There is no shortage of good possibilities to detect over there if you can get permission. The Spanish rulled for 400 years and left lots of structures on many of the Islands.

Back
Top Bottom