Am I lazy?

I gotta say this sounds pretty innovative to me but like OBN said, it may or may not pay off. It will just depend but good luck with this. I hope this new drone works out for you and I am curious of your results. So if you get a chance, let us know how it works and if you can post some video with even some discoveries, that would be really cool.

How about setting up a subscription webcam service?
There are webcams now but they focus on waves, not the shore.

Well I went ahead and bough a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom!

Snapchat-1289594654_zpsrzspw9vo.jpg

I got one free from the ocean! :P Obviously mine though doesn't work :( I've been so tempted to go purchase one as many of my spots are nowhere near public beach accesses and are a long walk or bike ride or even short boat trip to go check.

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 194
A drone at the beach to look for "erosion"? I can think of lots of other things to look for at the beach but we will just go with that. Stealthy and creepy, but definitely not lazy :laughing::p:lol:

How 'bout rig up a little grabber implement to the drone and then have it swoop down like an electric seagull and grab wallets/jewelry right off of somebodies beach towel? :laughing:

I have often thought of it,Especially when you get to the beach and you are looking at a mile of beach and where are the holes?
3 hours before low in the winter with clear water you cold fly up the beach and mark all the dark spots and make a much better decision as to where you should be hunting.

I have a DJI spark which would do the job. Wouldn’t want to leave it in my car though.

I think it has come in handy!

I think youre right. That is so cool and thanks for posting some results. Clearly you got a cut there or at least a nice little shelf on the beach. Plus a couple hunters...thats funny too. You tell the one guy is probably a newbie with his mom. :laughing:
I wonder if you lived close enough to the beach and had a nice enough drone that perhaps you could program a nice little flight path to scope the beach whenever you want. Just take off from your home and come back with a fresh beach report. That would be awesome.

Sweet Nick!! Keeping the cost down and a first timer, I settle for DJI Spark last year. It is truly a smart drone.....I recorded myself during the summer dry sand hunts using the active track but didn't get around put a video together. This video was made back in April on my lunch breaks getting a feel of it spending a total 3 hours since purchase. Btw, I got my drone insure through Allstate here in Connecticut for $60.00 a year. Must have lens. G/Lhttps://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/mavic-2-filters-accessories

Last edited:
I have a brand new pro grade DJI Inspire 1 RAW setup for sale here on the forum in the "other" section. It is more designed for pro photography/video, but would work exceptionally well for reconnaissance as well. It can fly to preset GPS positions, can launch and fly to points on auto pilot, and will return to wherever the remote control is if it looses reception or reaches a certain level on battery power so it doesn't die midair. The legs retract up during flight to get out of the way of the camera, and the kit includes 2 remotes so one person can control the drone, while another controls the camera if desired. I purchased this, along with a lot of other pro level photography and video gear for my business, but never got around to pursuing aerial photography/video. Therefore, it is brand new, never flown, all in the hard shell storage and transport case. This model is a pro/commercial level setup and doesn't come cheap- I paid over 4K for it. Willing to sacrifice for a lot less than that. Might be a bit of overkill for the OPs intended use, but it's a hell of a deal for whoever picks it up.

Sample video of quality:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q4bSRKGACO4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3AKlscrjmQ

Back
Top Bottom