Equinox 15" Epic Lake Beach Hunt

Azmodeus

Diggin In Illinois
Forum Supporter
Just got around to getting this video up from last week. My buddy Lee and I had a pretty epic hunt for 2 days. An old beach that dates back to the 30's was drained down to where we could walk where normally would be neck deep water. We hit this beach hard a few times a year with the Excals and many others do as well but when they drained it I thought hey I'll throw the 15" on the Nox and crank it up and see what pops out. All I can say is WOW! I was pulling rings and coins 20"+ in the wet sand. We pulled 7 gold, some silver rings, silver coins, a few war nickels, medallions, just all kinds of super deep stuff. Here is a pic of some of the better stuff. I also recorded everything and will put the link below to the day 1 hunt for those who like watching YouTube vids. I haven't uploaded day 2 yet.

Attachments

• AllPic1.jpg
    AllPic1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 787
Holy cow!! That is an epic hunt for sure and one I dream of...I just love it when the timing is right and you can hit a spot like that. Congrats on the haul...absolutely incredible.

Looks like you liked it. I love my Equinox. I have the 15 inch coil too. Depending on the current flow it's a little difficult to handle on the ocean. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding::dingding: That's definitely a DOUBLE DINGER! :wow: Love how nice and shiny that silver looks too! That's a pretty big stone on the ring behind the Rosie.

:dingding::dingding: That's definitely a DOUBLE DINGER! :wow: Love how nice and shiny that silver looks too! That's a pretty big stone on the ring behind the Rosie.

It was jet black before I tumbled it, still has kind of a gray sheen to it like the coins. The stone is fake in that one but that gold in the back row has a large red stone I think is real. It came out flawless without a scratch from the sand for 80 years. I'm hoping its a big ruby.

Great research and recoveries! Enjoyed the video too..:yes:
Does look like you were having a little issue with the big coil pinpointing:shock:

That hunt is epic! Love the video as well. It will be some time before you equal that hunt but if you do we want to see video! GG & HH

EPIC... Gramps looks a little pissy since you got all the gold...

you guys did good.

right time, right place, good research.

You could have waited one more day and somebody could have had that haul.

Good work guys. Not luck, just smart detecting.

Back
Top Bottom