September starts well in the Castle!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Yep, KT never doubted that silver goodies would pick up...it seems to be somewhat of a cyclical beast...recovering of silver halves.

So here is the official count from the Royal Accountant and of course well monitored by His Majesty:

Box 1 - 1 40% Ag Ken
Box 2 - 2 clad proof Kens
Box 3 - 1 40% Ag Ken
Box 4 - nothing
Box 5 - 2 64 Kens, 3 40% Ag Kens, 1 86 Commem. Statue of Liberty Proof

Total - 3 64 Kens, 5 40% Ag Kens, 2 clad proofs, 1 Statue of Lib Commem. Proof

For those viewers who have not seen the Statue of Liberty Commem, half before, KT has placed both an obverse and reverse image in the pic gallery this week. The Royal camera did not for some reason like this coin because it took 4 tries to photograph it before KT got halfway acceptable pics...not really sharp but acceptable. KT gave up trying to photo it again! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The King has His own personal limits when it comes to patience!:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, enjoy the pictures and have a great upcoming week, everyone!

Attachments

• CRH 09 05 2019 3 64 Kens.jpg
    CRH 09 05 2019 3 64 Kens.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 448
  • CRH 09 05 2019 5 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 09 05 2019 5 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 416
  • CRH 09 05 2019 2 Clad Proofs.jpg
    CRH 09 05 2019 2 Clad Proofs.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 406
  • CRH 09 05 2019 1 proof commem obv.JPG
    CRH 09 05 2019 1 proof commem obv.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 420
  • CRH 09 05 2019 1 proof commem rev.JPG
    CRH 09 05 2019 1 proof commem rev.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 366
Not a bad haul there, KT. You got a few silver to add to the royal horde. I've never seen that commemorative before. Were they released in circulation, did you have to buy the in mint sets, or were they sold seperate as commemoratives?

Not a bad haul there, KT. You got a few silver to add to the royal horde. I've never seen that commemorative before. Were they released in circulation, did you have to buy the in mint sets, or were they sold seperate as commemoratives?

Me thinks they were sold as separate commems. This is, if His Majesty's memory holds correctly, the 3rd one KT has recovered in about 7 years of CRHing. KT thinks He may never get a roll of them!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

After doing some CRHing I am better able to appreciate the effort required to hunt for desirable coins. Perseverance and endurance and a whole pot of optimism. Nice work.

After doing some CRHing I am better able to appreciate the effort required to hunt for desirable coins. Perseverance and endurance and a whole pot of optimism. Nice work.

Thank you, RichieS, you got that right! :laughing::laughing::laughing: and KT might add....just a love of the Hunt! Much like MDing, you never know what just might turn up!

Those Statue of Liberty commemoratives were sold as either a.) The half only, b.) The half and a 1$, or c.) The half, 1$, and a gold coin (5$?). I think the halves were copper nickel clad, and the 1$ were 90% silver.

-- Tom

Those Statue of Liberty commemoratives were sold as either a.) The half only, b.) The half and a 1$, or c.) The half, 1$, and a gold coin (5$?). I think the halves were copper nickel clad, and the 1$ were 90% silver.

-- Tom

Tom, KT is certain you are correct! Anyway, they are pretty scarce to pick up from circulation as they went into collections or to someone who appreciated the Statue of Liberty and what it stands for! Royal Thanks for your helpful comment!

Back
Top Bottom