A very unexspected knife a first. A gold looking bracelet

Too bad the bracelets a faker, it sure looks good in the pics.
I'd keep the knife and display it. I could teach my grandkids to avoid prejudice when they notice it and to learn from history.
Nice hunt Dirtydog.

You are a smart man. You get it. Use the bad to teach the younger not to repeat the mistakes of the past. I have no children so no grand children. But great idea. Thanks for stopping by.

We find some strange stuff. The false idol worship finds are what freaks me out. Sad the chain was junk. But i learned to call most of them these days junk until they pass. Just got a large Italian 925 necklace and was shocked it looked so good when i cleaned it up:lol:. Gold luck Dawg!

Ugly part of history, but the dudes on the knife look so friendly, guy on the right is waving hello and the dude on the left is pointing out "Where da white women at"

When you put the knife in the safe deposit box I would suggest you put a tag on it stating it was a metal detecting find and the location it was found and the date. That way if something happens to you, the person going through your stuff in the box won't think you are a member of the KKK. Just a suggestion.

Every knife but two that I have found at the beach have been very rusty or corroded beyond use. The other two were very recent drops. since that knife looks like it is not rusty I suspect that it was a fresh drop.

Sweet bracelet my friend! YAY! Haven't read through the comments to see if it's real but I sure hope it is! and the knife is an eye popper for sure!

Thanks Walrus. I apreciate you looking and kind comments.

Hey Nick. It looked good but after taking a jeweler's file to it and a little acid proved it to be plated.

Thanks Scooter. I don't get it. People don't understand when you try to erase the bad things in history your just providing opportunity to make the bad mistakes again. Thanks for looking.

Bummer. It looked good but it's plated.

Joe,
I said it was not meant to offend. I didn't make it. I don't promote it, I just found it. I put on the US Army uniform to defend the right of all Americans. Those I agree with and those I diagram with. As far as Karma goes. I think the pepole that try to erase our mistakes will only cause us to make them again. I agree we may have a differant view on Karma but my suggestion is study the history of America, put on a uniform and you'll see history through the glasses that prvoided you the freedom and right to be wrong. Thanks for looking and commenting. Good hunting.
dd

Thanks Felix. It's become almost the norm around here that everything that looks gold is plated. But a good hunt anyway. Thanks Cat Man.
dd

All I said in my last reply was first that you made a valid point..and in the end that I don't know what I would have done with it..the bad karma meant that it was owned previously by someone who may have had bad intentions..not that you possessing it was a bad thing..only meant it had its own bad energy..it's a relic..we find relics.. I see that I was not clear and that you misinterpreted my meaning of bad karma..you did nothing wrong...

Thank you for your service to your country..and your brothers in arms..

I took the asvab and almost signed for a $5000 bonus..but my mother was too much against it.. I was the only surving son.. I got her point..
7 generations ago my far great grandfather Albertus Bartholomew Joy fought to free this country from the British..My father Charles Joy was a 50% disabled Marine veteran of WW2..
This is a picture of my brother..Richard Dennis Joy KIA June 20 1969..SGT CoB 1/61 1st Brigade 5th Div (M)

Let's bury the hatchet..and let this misunderstanding go.. I didn't serve..but I sure as hell understand the cost of freedom..

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_211442389~2.jpg
    IMG_20190207_211442389~2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20190207_211008850~2.jpg
    IMG_20190207_211008850~2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Nice finds dirtydog, man that bracelet sure looks the part, sorry to hear it turned out the be a bazzzinga :no:

Amazing some of the things we find, Great job congrats! :cool:

Thanks Irons. I surprised at times the things people carry.

We find some strange stuff. The false idol worship finds are what freaks me out. Sad the chain was junk. But i learned to call most of them these days junk until they pass. Just got a large Italian 925 necklace and was shocked it looked so good when i cleaned it up:lol:. Gold luck Dawg![/QUOTE

Thanks itsa. I have a couple of the Italy fakes as well. Thanks for looking buddy.

Ugly part of history, but the dudes on the knife look so friendly, guy on the right is waving hello and the dude on the left is pointing out "Where da white women at"

That's funny Scooter. I never noticed that.

When you put the knife in the safe deposit box I would suggest you put a tag on it stating it was a metal detecting find and the location it was found and the date. That way if something happens to you, the person going through your stuff in the box won't think you are a member of the KKK. Just a suggestion.

My family know what I believe. And it ain't the kkk.

Ok dog... I tried to explain my point.. I offered an olive branch..you want to insult me and make no response to my post. That's fine.. freedom ain't free..those who really gave the most for this country aren't here living free to disrespect others..you lived ..my brother died..go stick that knife where the sun don't shine

Sweet bracelet my friend! YAY! Haven't read through the comments to see if it's real but I sure hope it is! and the knife is an eye popper for sure!

Thanks Kap. The bad news first. It is plated. I used a jewelers file on it and did the acid test and it's plated. Oh well! Thanks for looking friend.

All I said in my last reply was first that you made a valid point..and in the end that I don't know what I would have done with it..the bad karma meant that it was owned previously by someone who may have had bad intentions..not that you possessing it was a bad thing..only meant it had its own bad energy..it's a relic..we find relics.. I see that I was not clear and that you misinterpreted my meaning of bad karma..you did nothing wrong...

Thank you for your service to your country..and your brothers in arms..

I took the asvab and almost signed for a $5000 bonus..but my mother was too much against it.. I was the only surving son.. I got her point..
7 generations ago my far great grandfather Albertus Bartholomew Joy fought to free this country from the British..My father Charles Joy was a 50% disabled Marine veteran of WW2..
This is a picture of my brother..Richard Dennis Joy KIA June 20 1969..SGT CoB 1/61 1st Brigade 5th Div (M)

Let's bury the hatchet..and let this misunderstanding go.. I didn't serve..but I sure as hell understand the cost of freedom..

Hey Joe, no hatchet to bury as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for the history of service in your family and I'm very sorry you lost your brother. I know he is a hero and you carry a lot of pride. Thanks for including the photo. My response was not indented to insult you or your family. I meant it in a general since. Best to you and good hunting

Nice finds dirtydog, man that bracelet sure looks the part, sorry to hear it turned out the be a bazzzinga :no:

Thanks for taking you time to look Slim. I admit a little disappointed but as much plated as I have found ,I'm not surprised.

Ok dog... I tried to explain my point.. I offered an olive branch..you want to insult me and make no response to my post. That's fine.. freedom ain't free..those who really gave the most for this country aren't here living free to disrespect others..you lived ..my brother died..go stick that knife where the sun don't shine

My greatest respect goes to you and your family. Your brother is a hero and my promise to you is that I meant not disrespect to you or your brother. AS for the delay on my response to you, the only excuse I can give you is I have been with my mother who has been on hospice and they called the family in. Please except my apology for the lack of a fast response and any thing I said that caused you anger or pain. My best to you and your family. My olive branch is given to you and a hero's salute to your brother.
dd

Thanks Kap. The bad news first. It is plated. I used a jewelers file on it and did the acid test and it's plated. Oh well! Thanks for looking friend.

Hey Joe, no hatchet to bury as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for the history of service in your family and I'm very sorry you lost your brother. I know he is a hero and you carry a lot of pride. Thanks for including the photo. My response was not indented to insult you or your family. I meant it in a general since. Best to you and good hunting

Thanks for taking you time to look Slim. I admit a little disappointed but as much plated as I have found ,I'm not surprised.

My greatest respect goes to you and your family. Your brother is a hero and my promise to you is that I meant not disrespect to you or your brother. AS for the delay on my response to you, the only excuse I can give you is I have been with my mother who has been on hospice and they called the family in. Please except my apology for the lack of a fast response and any thing I said that caused you anger or pain. My best to you and your family. My olive branch is given to you and a hero's salute to your brother.
dd
Apologies accepted..thank you for your respect to my brother and family...My brother truly was a hero..among his awards were 3 Bronze stars with 4 oak leaf clusters and 4 Vs for
valor... standard issue was 140 rounds and 2 grenades..My brother always carried 300 rounds, 6 grenades..and 4 canteens of water..plus the radio telephone..about 20 years ago I got a phone call from a man who asked me if my brother was SGT Richard Dennis Joy..I confirmed the fact ..he then identified himself as serving with my brother..apparently he awoke in the hospital and was told how he was wounded and that my brother had saved his life..but before he got a chance to thank my brother he was KIA..he had been looking all his remaing life to find my brothers grave so he could go and pay his respects..we eventually met at the next yearly reunion of the 1/61..thank you again for your service to this country..my condolences on the health of your mother..you are a brother in arms to my own brother..we are all good as the saying goes

Last edited:
Congrats on the gold!

As offensive as it can be, history is what it is and it's not all good. I'm against trying to wipe the parts that aren't popular. I prefer to try to get the context and learn from it, even when it involves people like that.

Well stated Cat. If we don't acknowledge history, we will repeat history. The KKK is just one of those things we should never forget. And never repeat.

Good finds.

Perhaps because he's a responsible adult that wouldn't want to get a kid hurt or worse.

I was either in the 4H or some pre-cub scout group when I, and ever other member, got our first knives, under 10 years old. Not one of us "got hurt or worse" from the knives. I've given pre teen nephews knives and not one of them have ever been hurt from them. I guess we had better parents who took the time to teach respect and safe knife handling...

The wussification of this Country is shameful...

I was either in the 4H or some pre-cub scout group when I, and ever other member, got our first knives, under 10 years old. Not one of us "got hurt or worse" from the knives. I've given pre teen nephews knives and not one of them have ever been hurt from them. I guess we had better parents who took the time to teach respect and safe knife handling...

The wussification of this Country is shameful...

I think you're missing something here. It's a KKK knife! Do you want your kid to have a KKK knife?

Back
Top Bottom