White's TDI & TDI Pro

13rannon

Elite Member
Hi,

I have a question about the White's TDI & TDI Pro. I'm wondering if I bought a White's TDI (current model) today if I could get it upgraded to a White's TDI Pro after the new model is released.

Is there a way to send it in to the factory to get it updated for a fee? If anyone has any information about when the TDI Pro is coming out or if the upgrade is possible please reply.

Thanks

I talked to Whites yesterday and their tech dept operator had no idea that a TDI pro was even on the way.

I think it will be more involved than a software update.

I was looking into getting a TDI but I found that the depth of the detector is less than a good vlf when using the discrimination feature by ground balancing. It is from what I have read only 2" better than a vlf in all metal mode. This is just to dissapointing for me. I would be better off buying the v3i or an e-trac. I am searching for deep gold in loamy sand and creek beds, along with coin searching in high trash areas.

Where the TDI shines is in highly mineralized soil where VLF machines end up losing depth and masking targets. The trade off is when you use a PI machine you lose the ability to discriminate.

If you want to hunt in trashy places I'd say you don't want a PI machine of any sort.

Hunting with a VLF in all metal mode in highly mineralized soil is going to be just as frustrating or more so and still not as deep as the PI machine.

The White's Operator is just another example of White's using workers to spread the news while the company shys away from making any official statements. You have too many secrets and rumors and it's hard getting real answers from anyone.

Very frustrating.

Another note for you since you mention the V3 (I don't own a E-Trac) is that when you use all three frequencies you lose noticable depth. Also I find the V3 LOVES masking targets in my own personal experiences.

The first TDI-pros shipped this week. At this time White's is not planning to provide upgrades.

A coarse/fine GB control, volume control, and slightly more aggressive filtering. The changes will mostly benefit users in the most extreme soil.

Kingcesare said:
I read that eric did some testing in Oz with the TDI. Anyone know if we can get our TDI's upated to handle the ground down under? I maybe headed down that way to do some nugget hunting. I have an old friend down there that knows his way around WA.

guest said:
We're splitting the GB into a coarse/fine control, adding a volume control, and tweaking up the sensitivity to smaller gold. Also giving it a non-DF loop. I think I've squeezed in a 10-turn GB so we might be able update you with that, tweaked-up sens, and the loop.

- Carl

thumper said:
I'd be fired up for an upgrade like that. Thanks Carl!

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?365-Anyone-know-what-the-changes-for-OZ-is

Great example of what I was talking about. (From the 'Official Forum' no less.)

Really getting tired of the rumormill.

I just bought my TDI friday.

If I would have known I could get the new model the day after and that my unit was old news and obsolete the next day...

Great, super, wonderful. Fantastic

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Hey Carl, can I send in my brand new never been hunted with TDI in and pay the $100 or so difference for a TDI Pro? Could you help me out that way? All I have done is take it out of the box and put it together. It's rained for the past two days. I'll pay for shipping back and forth.

I still haven't used it.

I'll wait till you give me a ye or nay.

13, there is nothing obsolete about your TDI. We are introducing the TDI-pro, but will still sell the TDI. If you want to return your TDI to your dealer and pay the extra $200 for the -pro, please PM/email me and I can arrange that.

- Carl

Carl.... when is the TDI waterproof version going to be available? That sure would be killer on the wet sand ;)

Question regarding the New TDI Pro vs MineLab 4500

I have been really soul searching in regards to making a purchase/decission on my first Metal Decector - A TDI Pro or MineLab 4500.

Most of my prospecting will be in Southern Califonia and Arizona.

I have been reading in magazines and other posts that the PI metals detectors are far better than VLF metals detectors for gold prospecting in California and Arizona because of their soil conditions.

Aside from their price differance between the two metal detectors, (which is not a problem) is one really better than the other in the Real Metal Detecting
World Of Nugget Shooting????

Is the MineLab 4500 all hype regarding its profromance and ability to finding gold, and is the moderatley price TDI Pro a Head to Head match for the MineLab 4500???

Thank for you input - KidRock

The TDI pro is on equal ground with the minelab but for less than half the price. You also get a customer service base that is unshakable.

Ecuador With TDI Pro And Mine lab 4500

I had the same delema minelab or TDI pro both Guys I know down here in Ecuador have Minelab 4500 so they swear but them . But I bought the TDI pro and boy am I glad I did .. TDI Pro is way lighter easier to learn I find when were heading out to a new area because were in the mining Business down here .. My partner which is one of the mine lab owners always says Bill grab your detector just in case. Its so much easier to use he even prefers it.
Putting on suspenders and carring batter packs on your back for what
they say it goes 2 in deeper well because the TDI is so much lighter I always have a larger coil on then they do so are you really getting 2 more inchs of depth. I don't think so THE TDI Pro is a straight forward machine I found easy to learn .. The mine labs are so elaborat that I know my Friends still don't even know what half of it is for.
I know Mine lab is a real good machine but really its not much fun to be straped into all that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom