New To The Forum

ModernDayWarrior

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum so I thought I would post some of my recent finds.

Warrior

Attachments

• lipstickcase.jpg
    lipstickcase.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,016
  • silverdimes.jpg
    silverdimes.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,021
  • cubscout.jpg
    cubscout.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,010
welcome to the forum and those are great finds - i'm still knew to detecting and i mostly find pull tabs.

Welcome to the forum both of you...

MDW

Good looking stuff you have there :) Angel if your finding pulltabs you will find gold :)

Two more "victims" of the bug apply for membership at THE forum ! :lol:
Welcome and good luck. :yes:

Big hearty GMD welcome to the both of you. Good to have ya here. Those are some VERY nice finds you have shared with us. WTG!

Hello and welcome to the Big Show from Kansas!
Lotta great people on board to help if needed. HH!

New From Clermont , FL

Yes, Im also a newbee member of this spectacular forum . I think there is more info here than could be found in any book . Dave here - always looking for somewhere else to detect and stay low key , early in the morning is best Ive found while everyone else is still sleeping ...An ACE 250 and pinpointer is all I need to find that endless supply of pulltabs , which hopefully will be a gold ring , one of these days .

Welcome to the forum. I started MDing a little over a year ago. I've been hooked since then. You have some very nice finds there!

Hi Everyone! I'm new, in wheelchair, IL

I am wondering if anyone here is in a wheelchair. I have always thought of starting MD as a hobby & now that I have time off I figure there is no better time to start. I also live in the suburbs of Chicago in an older home so I believe this would be a great place to start. I also have relates in Barrington Hills, IL who will let me search their land which is old farm land in a very well to due area.

My main concern is the wheelchair...will it give false readings? Also, I have to dig from the chair. Any advice on the best MD to use (I have read the recommendations for beginners. Great info.) also digging tools or any other helpful hints would be great. I will be purchasing the MD & related items on 8/3/12.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

That sounds like a tuff one. I'd think there'd be a way to mount the search coil on the chair with the display mounted to one of the arms. For digging, I'd think something like a post hole digger. Maybe mount a small sifter off to the side so you can drop in your soil and sort thru it. With a post hole digger type thing you'd be able to pick up "plug" just by squeezing the handles. Easiest thing might be to get an understanding/helpful partner.

Back
Top Bottom