Relics from the field !

jbrow

Elite Member
Hit an old field today where a home once was. Did great! Bell, '81, '99 indian, '19 wheat, a really cool heel plate, and a ceramic torso of a lady, an aluminum religious pendant , and some aluminum good luck thingy. The bell even still rings!

Attachments

• 2017-11-08 17.38.55.jpg
    2017-11-08 17.38.55.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 554
Bells are one of my favorite relic finds, nice Indians too.

That ceramic torso could be part of a frozen Charlotte, have found several...surface finds no doubt.

My favorite time of year, hitting the fields in autumn!
That torso is a frozen Charlotte doll, look it up:D

The heel plat is cool. I found one. Seems women of the night. Had them made by blacksmiths. The heel plate would leave the heart print in the dirt roads. It was there calling card. They date to around the civil war.

Very nice finds, I've found a number of Charlotte parts too. I'd say among all of us there's enough pieces to put a few back together. Complete bells are not all that common.

Hit an old field today where a home once was. Did great! Bell, '81, '99 indian, '19 wheat, a really cool heel plate, and a ceramic torso of a lady, an aluminum religious pendant , and some aluminum good luck thingy. The bell even still rings!

Finding a bell is very cool. Only ones I've ever found were recently dropped cat-bells. LOL

Nice bell, and other relics. Im still looking for one. Congrats!

Very nice finds! I love it when the bells still have the ball inside! Being all brass is a nicer bell also, some had an iron loop at the top and are less attractive. Congrats!

The heel plat is cool. I found one. Seems women of the night. Had them made by blacksmiths. The heel plate would leave the heart print in the dirt roads. It was there calling card. They date to around the civil war.

Thats really neat. Ive never heard that. This heart plate belongs to a set, like the playing cards. And they were used on kids boots. I have found all four. And way back I was sent a pic of an old newspaper/catalog ad for them. Cant find it right now but
I like your story better.

Attachments

• photo-20150818104043.jpg
    photo-20150818104043.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 253
  • photo-20160815092529.jpg
    photo-20160815092529.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 226

Thats really neat. Ive never heard that. This heart plate belongs to a set, like the playing cards. And they were used on kids boots. I have found all four. And way back I was sent a pic of an old newspaper/catalog ad for them. Cant find it right now but
I like your story better.

Interesting , Thank you!

Nice find! The bell is called a crotal bell or also known as a petal bell. This dates to about late 1700's early 1800's. It's always great when you find them intact & have them ring again.

Back
Top Bottom