• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pretty in Pink

Loxlie

I took some clad I got from the park yesterday and put it in vinegar, baking soda and a little salt. Naturally, it bubbled up and after a little while, black started coming off and it looked like they would clean up very nicely. I forgot to take it out overnight and got up this morning to see the liquid had turned blue and when I emptied the bowl, all the clad (Quarters, dimes and pennies) had turned bright pink. Should I have cleaned them seperately, or is this a natural chemical reaction that I just hadn't have happen before? Thoughts? Suggestions?

It happened because you mixed the pennies in with the quarters and dimes. You should do them separately if you are going to clean your clad. Not too much you can do if you don't have a tumbler to get rid of the pink. I would say dump them in a coinstar and see what it will take.

Yup,always separate clad pennies from the nickel,dimes and quarters Jim. I think I'm going to get the HF tumbler,(They finally opened a HF up the road from me in Denton). It's on sale, and I have a 20% off coupon.My clad doesn't clean up really well in my ultrasonic machine.

Wow...if it's on sale, and you have a coupon, then get it! You also don't have to pay shipping, since you have a store nearby. That's a great deal!

Yup,always separate clad pennies from the nickel,dimes and quarters Jim. I think I'm going to get the HF tumbler,(They finally opened a HF up the road from me in Denton). It's on sale, and I have a 20% off coupon.My clad doesn't clean up really well in my ultrasonic machine.

Lol I did the same thing with viniger and salt! Dope luckily I isn't have anything great but I do like to save my coins to the end of the year and figured I'd see what happened. I knew I should of separated them but was just lazy!!!!! Errr now we know lol.

Back
Top Bottom