Walmart money order question

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I had to get a money order at Walmart because the post office is closed when I get out of work. Where can the person that I sent it to cash it and will there be a charge to them. I have never used a Walmart money order before. Thanks! Steve

If it's a US money order it should be able to be cashed at any bank( the bank may require an account), and probably another Wally World.

Wal mart offers a money transfer from store to store. When my daughter worked for google and was travelling across the country we used this to get money to her. I would walk into the customer service counter and tell them who it was for and how much. I don't remember if I had to be specific as to what store she would be redeeming it. They gave me a slip with a pin number on it. I would txt the pin number to her and she would go to wal mart wherever she was and show id and give the pin.

You should be able to do the same, eliminating mailing anything. I do not believe wal mart transfers are good anywhere else...maybe sams club?

I think now that Wally World is getting rid of cashiers and gone total techno you might have to print your own but it should be good...

I believe walmart cashes their own money orders for $3. If they have a bank account they cancash it like any other check

Back
Top Bottom