200 posts requirment!!!!

Seems more than reasonable to me. The owners and moderators really work hard to make this site as awesome as it is. I respect that and their rules. I would even support a higher post count requirement! Doesn’t seem unreasonable at 200, 500 or even 1000. Easy peasy.

Last time I checked I don't own any part of the Friendly site, I'm not a Mod, nor any other figure of authority.

I landed on the forum because it is organized, has rules, fair moderation and a bunch of people that enjoy sharing knowledge and finds related to our hobby. If selling stuff was my forte? Feebay is still up and running as far as I know.

Supporting forum sponsors when possible might also help pay the forum light bill;)

Last edited:
This is my last post in this thread.

I'm not going round and round with this.

I'm not here "just to sell my junk".

Read the damn thread and all my responses.

Or does everyone here just read the 1st post and immediately comment?

Context people.

This is my last post in this thread.

I'm not going round and round with this.

I'm not here "just to sell my junk".

Read the damn thread and all my responses.

Or does everyone here just read the 1st post and immediately comment?

Context people.

At this rate, you will hit 200 in no time :laughing: go to the general hobby section daily and welcome each new member, that's good for at least 5-10 posts a day. Many don't agree with it, it seems like a lot, but let me tell you... 200 posts is not many...

As others have posted, getting to 200 is easy if so inclined and that is all the more reason it makes no sense to me. So I sit here and post a bunch of meaningless "Well done!" or "Great find!" posts, that somehow makes me trustworthy? While you are explaining that to me you might also expound on your assumption that a person who may have a different view than you do on a particular rule is therefore likely to complain about other things. I view a forum as an arena for the exchange of ideas and opinions. If every one held the same position, what would be the purpose of discussion? Does having an opinion on forum rules which differs from those of the moderators make one a complainer? Are opinions on rules off limits? Enlighten me, Master.

I'll let you in on the secret when you get 74 more posts

Rules are rules.

There's a reason for why they set that rule. 200 posts isn't that hard to get. You've been on this forum for nearly six years. If you would've made one post per week, you would've been well over 200 by now.

I'll let you in on the secret when you get 74 more posts

In other words, you don't have any thing but an adolescent response. I have well over 100 posts, by the way, but I'm with Trail Duster--done with this thread.

200 is easy to hit. I have 295 and haven't been a member for even 6 months.

I see a future offering posting services to level forum users up, kind of like kids paying Chinese gamers to level their World of Wierdcraft accounts up while they sleep and school. :laughing:

There is another way to look at it. Not many people will be interested in a detector sale from someone they are not familiar with on here. Stop in and and post things for a while , let people get to know a little about you , rack up those 200 posts. You will then potentially get more interest in what you have to sell because you are a regular and people will put more trust in you. From the view of a prospective buyer , those 200 posts or more means a lot.

Now see. There is a quality post.

Insulting and presumptuous. Kudos to your efficiency.

+1 for using the word 'Presumptuous'! We dont get to see your kind around these parts often!...a 4 syllabator that is...You got skills! I myself am guilty of commonly using the fully typed 5 syllable word 'Congratulations'....Seen a 6 a time or two from an overzealous participant last year if I recollect accidental...3's are quite common, but most of the time we here go for the onesies or twosies tops!...

Just bang the short words out and press enter...!! I've only been here a week and have a look at MY count! Welcome! Nice find!:laughing:

See? two syllables or less! Hit enter! A guy dont have to over think this or go syllabatin' all over the place!

#10,435

Last edited:
Don't you love it when LOTS of people explain exactly why things are the way they are, and the simple fact that it doesn't agree with the complainer's view means everyone else is completely nuts and they're still right? :realitycheck:

I agree with the rule, i have heard of several members getting scammed.
You could surely look through different threads and make a few questions and comment on the things that appeal to you, 200 is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom