A Nice Treasure Box!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
This week started off strangely as Prince John was cleaning out His Royal Abode and came to KT with a small handful of foreign coins, wanting to know if KT would like them. Why of course! In searching through them there were a couple of early Canadian 1940s pennies, and 2 Canadian silver dimes! So KT got silver before He even got His Royal Boxes! :laughing::laughing:

Now to the CRH!

Box 1 was a treasure box in the full sense. It contained 2 WWII year Walkers, 2 64 Kens, 16 40%Ag Kens, and 2 Proofs (clad).
Boxes 2 & 3 were busts.
Box 4 contained 1 64 Ken.
Box 5 was a bust. Interestingly, this week KT got no NIFCs worth keeping, no 87 Kens, just basically silver and proofs!

The total came to 5 90%Ag halves, 16 40%Ag Kens, and 2 Proofs. This finally makes up for the considerable lack of 40%Ag Kens over the past month!

Anyway, KT was rockin' and rollin' with that first box and the rest were pretty anticlimactic! :laughing::laughing:

KT knows everyone wants to see the pics. the 44 Walker looks like it fought the war by itself, but KT is still glad to get it! Enjoy! Best of luck to all CRHers and MDers this coming week!

Attachments

• CRH 05 23 2019 2 Walkers.JPG
    CRH 05 23 2019 2 Walkers.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 327
  • CRH 05 23 2019 3 64 Kens.jpg
    CRH 05 23 2019 3 64 Kens.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 275
  • CRH 05 23 2019 16 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 05 23 2019 16 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 298
  • CRH 05 23 2019 2 Proofs.jpg
    CRH 05 23 2019 2 Proofs.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 299
KT your 90% silver half totals for the year are great.
Earlier in this decade, my ratio of 40 vs 90% wasn’t even ten to one!

KT your 90% silver half totals for the year are great.
Earlier in this decade, my ratio of 40 vs 90% wasn’t even ten to one!

Ha ha. Glad you noticed that, amc rulz! With this hunt it is getting close to 1:1, but still the 90%ers are leading! KT has been negligent opin keeping His Royal Signature up to date recently, due to little to report!:p

Way to go KT!! I love those Walkers, such a beautiful coin. Congrats on all the keepers this week.

Yes, Junkminer, the Walking Liberty is my favorite coin, besides the St Gauden's $20 gold piece, which KT just looks at from afar! :laughing::laughing:

Congrats on a great hunt KT!

After that 1st box, KT had hopes the other 4 would be as good, but alas, it is what it is, and yes, it was both a good and a fun hunt!

Congrats on the walkers and the rest of the silvers!

KT was wondering when some knave would let loose of some 40%ers, and it finally happened! Once KT got a Walker that was worn so thin it was only about 60% the original thickness, and His Majesty still liked it, figuring it had been someone's lucky pocket coin throughout some very lean years! :D:D

Got a lead....

On some mixed Walkers, Franklins, and 64 Kens at my local fleamarket! We shall see if the seller is back next Saturday with the goodies! At the price he quoted, KT will buy 30 from him, and perhaps do the same thing once a month for the forseeable future! :D:D The Queen thinks it would be a good longterm investment! :cool3:

Added pics of Canadian dimes!

Here are a couple of pics of the Canadian dimes KT mentioned in the first post in this thread...thought someone might be interested...both silver...the King is dated 42 and the Queen is 56.

KT gives two images, the raw one...had to use a 3 inch glass magnifier to get the camera to focus and to see details on coins. The second image has been cropped and sharpened to show just the coins.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Canadian dimes01.jpg
    Canadian dimes01.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Canadian dimes02.jpg
    Canadian dimes02.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 216
Back
Top Bottom