• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Just ordered at pro looking for any tips or tricks

YouTube is your friend. If you type your detector into the search bar, a ton of videos will come up, no matter what machine you swing. I’d watch as many of those as I could get my eyes on because some of them are very instructive.

YouTube is your friend. If you type your detector into the search bar, a ton of videos will come up, no matter what machine you swing. I’d watch as many of those as I could get my eyes on because some of them are very instructive.

Ditto. I found lots of videos on the AT Pro while I was waiting for mine to arrive. I also downloaded the AT Pro Instrument face panel as my screensaver.
I knew this machine pretty darn well before I even received it and it really made the difference when I actually got out there swinging it.
Get ready to find some great stuff!

my advise is to screw on the coil connection before attaching the rods together. The control unit is so close to the connection that it makes it almost impossible unless your fingers are tiny

I would strongly recommend when you get it swing it over a bottlecap, pulltab, beavertail, nail, and one of each coin.
This way you train yourself to "see" what you hear.:yes:

Of course, you will be digging your first 500 targets no matter what.
Right?

Ditto. I found lots of videos on the AT Pro while I was waiting for mine to arrive. I also downloaded the AT Pro Instrument face panel as my screensaver.
I knew this machine pretty darn well before I even received it and it really made the difference when I actually got out there swinging it.
Get ready to find some great stuff!

LOL, totally! Man, I’ve never even touched a Fisher F5 but I know more about them and how they work than a lot of the owners do. :D I’m crazy over info, though, especially when I’m really into something. and I’m really into metal detecting.

I gotta agree with Ice Scratcher, I love the 5X8 coil. Machine is well balanced, sorts out the trash signals better, and I can swing it all day. Basically when I got my Pro in January of this year, I asked the same question, and lots of the Pro users recommended this coil, said once they put it on, it almost never comes off. I put mine on in April, it's still on. Found my first two gold rings ever, with it. Good luck, have fun, find stuff. Artie

Thanks for all the info guys am defiantly getting the 5 by 8 coil cause all I hunt is nail infested ground. So does the at pro sort through the iron pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got a garrett gta 350 altra made in 1994 ,1995, it dose good for a old MD it make me dig more then i would ,go ATpro

Back
Top Bottom