Gold on a BEAUTIFUL & PERFECT DAY

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Absolutely gorgeous day here in the Pacific Northwest....water is getting warmer and the depositors are starting to show up :D.

Hit a location that I haven't hunted with my SNUBA (but have chest deep hunted it with a scoop), it is a lake beach area that is still popular with folks but has been around since the early 1920s. Honestly didn't think I would find much due to the weather just starting to warm up but I was hopeful.

Within a few minutes of my hunt I hit a very nice ring (love seeing the edge rim of a ring in the sand) but it turned out to be tungsten carbide ring (I could have swore that it would have been white gold) but within 30 minutes I got another nice tone and out came this is 10K beauty:yes::yes:. Initially I thought it was a junk ring (with the same level of confidence I thought the first ring was white gold:roll:). But when I got out of the water and looked at the band I noticed a hallmark and confirmed the stamp 10K when I finally found my glasses at the truck!! Weighs out at 6.3grams...a solid ring with the onyx stone encased in the "yella".

Super awesome day for me, had my 19 year old with me as well (home from college) and he swam laps in the lake while I hunted....again a PERFECTLY BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

HH all.

Attachments

• 6-18 Gold Hunt 2.jpg
    6-18 Gold Hunt 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 716
  • 6-18 Gold Hunt ring close.jpg
    6-18 Gold Hunt ring close.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 720
  • 6-18 Gold Hunt.jpg
    6-18 Gold Hunt.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 698
:dingding: Nice score! I have a similar looking ring with a synthetic emerald that was bought for me in 1977 in St. Thomas - I remember my dad paid $99.

:dingding: Nice score! I have a similar looking ring with a synthetic emerald that was bought for me in 1977 in St. Thomas - I remember my dad paid $99.

Thanks Felix......1977, that was when gold was at like $161/oz....man have times changed:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Good weight on that baby! Congrats on the lake gold :thumbsup:

I was surprised that the ring was solid when I took a closer look at it

Awesome finds! You're doing well on gold this year. Congrats. :grin:

Thanks Kev...the "underwater" season is upon us :D:D:D

Nice! I like the onyx too.

TY

Congrats on the Gold!

Congrats on your ring finds. Keep those good finds going.
Bubbaron

Charlie and Bubba....thank you. I try to keep finding them :yes:

Chunky Gold !! :pirate2:

OBN, I getting an Excal from Swing that has your mod on it....may not be for SCUBA but it will be full use in a bit

nice score congrats :D

TY

Congrats on finding gold! A very nice looking ring and I will agree with you that the feeling you get seeing the ring either in the sand or bouncing in the scoop is fantastic!!

Congrats on finding gold! A very nice looking ring and I will agree with you that the feeling you get seeing the ring either in the sand or bouncing in the scoop is fantastic!!

Always awesome to recover roundness

that will be a beauty cleaned up! congrats!

That IS cleaned up :laughing:it came out looking like a copper ring. I am pretty sure it is an older ring.

Nice and chunky, great save!

TY

That's a nice looking ring and some good weight too, congratulations. So were you using your snuba rig?

Yes I was... Love mine, the crappie fish were continually "striking" my coil...

nice ring. gold is always good

TY

Back
Top Bottom