$500 Bill won in MBG's contest

pine3874

Elite Member
This is the $500 bill I won as a player in the contest held by MyrtleBeachGuy in the beginning of January. I'd like to thank him for allowing me to play and being so VERY generous with the winning prize.

He sent the bill to me with FedEx 2 day delivery(costing him a lot of money) from Israel on January 17th. It took FedEx almost three weeks to deliver it. First they said that there was a problem with the plane in Israel. Then they said it was in customs and that they have no control over how long they hold it. Then they said that it was lost and the sender(MBG) would have to file a claim. And finally, they said that they found it and I received it today, exactly 20 days after he sent it. Throughout this whole aggravating ordeal, MBG kept saying that no matter what happened, he would make sure that I got the $500 bill that I won in the contest. There aren't many people, if any, that would have been willing to do something like that.

The point of this whole post is to let everyone know that MyrtleBeachGuy is one of the most honest and generous members of this forum and that he should be recognized for that.

Thank you again MBG and I wish you all the best!!

HH
Sandy

Attachments

• $500 1.jpg
    $500 1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 550
  • $500 2.jpg
    $500 2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 536
Ohhh wow , thanks for your kind words . I'm glad you finally received it .... It was out of my control also I remember the part where fed ex customs told me sir it is against our policy to send money by mail , so we are going to issue him a $500 Check .... I had to do lots of explaining the check wouldn't help me

Nice! I haven't seen one of those since I worked at the Key Bank main office in Rochester, NY. I was a bulk currency verifier at the time. (Basically I was locked in a vault for 5 hours a day and counted large cash deposits) we had an old lady come in one day and turn in two $10,000 bills, a $5,000 bill and 3 $500 bills. All of them were very crisp and didn't have any discoloration. They looked like they had all been in the same envelope since they were issued! I still can't believe I was holding $26,500 in cold hard cash in my hand and it was only 6 bills! We tried to tell her they were worth much much more as collectable but she didn't care. She took the bus to bring them to us and didn't want to have to take another bus to a coin shop! I wish I had the ability to buy them on the spot but I was only 19 at the time and there was no way I could afford to. Sadly we were required to send them back to the Fed Reserve bank to be destroyed.

Good to hear

That's excellent.
I did also want to say that MBG offered a free scoop after that E-Trac debacle.
I'm OK with that!

Now, will you take $525 for that bill or what:lol:

I know MBG is an upstanding guy from day one. We have corresponded a bit since he first came to the forum. Now dammit MBG, what am I doin with yer coins? HAHAHAHAHA! WOLF

Good deal on both sides, way to prove you are what you say MBG! There should be no doubt now. Congrats on the win Pine!

Back
Top Bottom