• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Weight Loss Challenge

My weight is in for the week but I am thinking about quiting. The first week I gained a few pounds, the second week I lost those pounds and this week I gained them all back. :( I am very frustrated and disappointed. :mad: This week I made some changes like dropping the Pepsi and drinking more water but it seems to have backfired on me. I know at this point I am never going to leave the bottom of the list and I have no chance at winning this thing. Very upset with myself right now. :(

I know I aint gonna win this thing either but this is the motivation I need to get ready for summer. Stick it out and you'll be a winner in the end.

Just a reminder to get your weigh ins for this week. I am still issing over half of you!

Dont give up guys! Just because you dont start off strong doesnt mean your time is wasted. Keep it going and you will see a difference in the end.

Go Go Go!!!

You are getting caught up on the word fat. Fat is NOT BAD. In fact the body needs fat to be healthy. The stigmata of people calling overweight people fat is making people think everything called fat is bad.

Do a google search for "body needs fat"

Week 3 Results

Waited a little longer today to see if there might be some late weigh ins, but got none. Don't quit guys, youre doing great!

Week3Results.jpg

Thanks V-man for doing this.
Going out for dinner on (2) two consecutive nights this week. Real test will be on what choices to make and to pass on ANY kind of dessert.

Man someone knocked me out of my spot Guess I have to work harder now good thing it is nice today and tomorrow

My first diet and it is back firing on me...... I exercise 2 mile a day on treadmill every weekday....yet I am gaining weight.!!!. I can control Exercise but I am eating even more cause I am dieting and my awareness of it is driving me nuts!!! .. I am a NewBee with this. I like the Keep It Simple Method. I can't do the quick dieting scams cause it will really backfire I hear. Anyone recommend a good simple book for dummies about this? Simple is for me! I just want quick and simple. Thanks in advance.

they might have a dieting for dummys book...Now about the weigh in the person in second place has lost a lot of weight so far but they should be leveling off cause you can only use so much weight so fast. When that happens we should all be able to catch up but good for everyone loosing weight. Remember everyone any weight lose is a successful diet

Now about the weigh in the person in second place has lost a lot of weight so far but they should be leveling off cause you can only use so much weight so fast

The person in 1st place has lost a lotta weight considering they half the size of the 2nd placer.

Remember everyone any weight lose is a successful diet

That's not totally true. It also depends on your metabolism rate and age. When I was 24yo I dropped 55#s in 2 months like nothing exercising and eating McDonalds for two of my meals everyday. Now that I'm older it is taking longer due to my age/metabolism and minus the McDonalds this time ;). You can increase your metabolism by eating the right portions at the right times of the day but it will never be the same as it was when you were younger.

That's not totally true. It also depends on your metabolism rate and age. When I was 24yo I dropped 55#s in 2 months like nothing exercising and eating McDonalds for two of my meals everyday. Now that I'm older it is taking longer due to my age/metabolism and minus the McDonalds this time ;). You can increase your metabolism by eating the right portions at the right times of the day but it will never be the same as it was when you were younger.

I think he was stating that any weight lost is a win.

Well isn't one of the competitors listed someones dog or something and they don't count. Maybe vexhold should highlight that row so we know it's not an actual person.

1010 is not tchnically in this contest. A member that IS in the contest wanted 1010 in there as a training buddy.

Notice that 1010 is twards the bottom and poses no threat. lol.

As for the people at the top who are losing a fair amount of weight, this is a honor competition, but don't be suprized if I require proof to recieve a prize.

I am glad people are losing weight and getting healthy, but I do not wish to reward someone who is not deserving.

I am not implying that anyone is trying to take an easy win, just forwarning everyone.

As I do not know any of you personally, I give the benefit of the doubt, but am not blind. I know how much weight can be lost in a given amount of time.

On that note...

Keep on getting in shape guys!!!

Back
Top Bottom