I call it "The Soldier"

It's A Trap!

I was tired of taking off my backpack and digging around for my tools so I ordered a bunch of military surplus stuff. The whole rig cost me about 80 dollars (not including pinpointer and lesche) and I can mix and match pouches and bags anywhere I want on the vest. There is also enough room to wear a backpack or even a camelback. I'm planning on gluing magnets to the tool pouch to make sure nothing falls out

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

If you want to make one yourself the rig consists of 1 load bearing vest, 1 '3 cell' M16 mag pouch, 1 m60 magazine pouch, 3 pocket medic pouches and 1 e-tool with carrier

That looks neat, concise and compact. Well thought out. But I gotta ask, where are you guys hunting that you need all that stuff within fingers reach? I have a Omega finds pouch but haven't seen the need to use it even once. I never carry more than a digger and pinpointer and only by hand, except maybe a coke and a flashlight if at night. I'm not one to wear jewelry or watches either though, just prefer things not bound or touching me but setups like this just remind me of an episode of hoarders or prepping 25 years worth of freeze dried food. Just seems like a little much unless you're hunting for 8 hours straight and very far away from vehicle access.

I usually go on 3 to 5 hour hunts and most of the metal detecting sites I go to require you to walk through the woods or on a trail for quite some distance which requires me to take everything i might need at once. I like having my gear at arms reach because it makes it easier to take out and put equipment away faster which saves time when you have a lot of targets which is why I opted for the vest instead of a backpack. You can also customize the vest to suit your needs. For instance, i can put more m16 pouches on the vest to hold bottles if I go bottle digging so they won't bang into each other and break or I can load It up with gear for exploring abandoned buildings. It may seem a bit excessive but I built it to fit my needs

Looks like you have several places that carabiners could lock onto also, those are always good for some extra water or retractable key chains to make sure you don't loose or walk away from tools.

I usually go on 3 to 5 hour hunts and most of the metal detecting sites I go to require you to walk through the woods or on a trail for quite some distance which requires me to take everything i might need at once. I like having my gear at arms reach because it makes it easier to take out and put equipment away faster which saves time when you have a lot of targets which is why I opted for the vest instead of a backpack. You can also customize the vest to suit your needs. For instance, i can put more m16 pouches on the vest to hold bottles if I go bottle digging so they won't bang into each other and break or I can load It up with gear for exploring abandoned buildings. It may seem a bit excessive but I built it to fit my needs

to much extra weight to carry around not for me

Wow, you carry alot of gear! I got a camleback type backpack last year and it works great for me, pinpointer goes on one of the front chest straps, digger on my blet and finds in my pocket, i try to keep it simple.
I'm happy to see beerdooble is back too!

Wow... you looking for silver or going to war with it?:lol: Nice set-up but also overkill for me and where I go.

Super glad it works for you, I know the feeling of never being able to find the right pouch/belt to head your likes and needs.

Still just seems like way too much stuff and weight than I would carry been for field hunting. But I really like the weight distribution idea. I have an old Muddy Tree Harness, I've cut the legs straps off, ive been trying to adapt.

Back
Top Bottom