The Dang Bug Bit Again...

rfaatalrashid

Xmas upgrade/extra detector bug bit me. Again. Now a situation presents itself. Should i just keep my non-modded tesoro cibola (kinda fond of it with the sniper coil), and spend 800 max on an additional new/used detector? Or should i sell it and use the extra cash to look in the low 1000s range? That thought just blew my mind. I literally have no clue about detectors in either of these price ranges really. I know ATP and an accompanying sniper coil are probably a no brainer for the 600-800 range. But closer to the low 1000 range -no clue. I'm in the Army and move alot, so usually won't be located near a saltwater beach. Freshwater, sure. Also, I'm a digger. If I'm not discing it out, I'm digging the beep up. I like hunting woods, farms, homesteads, parks, ballfields, coinshooting, jewelry, relics. Heck I guess that's everything lol. Already have a carrot, lesche, reliable diy dig rig, all that jazz. Dunno if any of this helps, sorry for the ramble...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Guess I was under the impression that was more or less specialized for coin shootin...

If you're a digger, I say a Tesoro Vaquero since it has a ground balance that your Cibola doesn't have. Maybe even have your Cibola modded with a trigger switch and a 10 turn GB. Slap a NEL Sharpshooter search coil on that bugger and you'll be kicking butt.

beephead

Yeah I KINDA wanna keep the cibola. It's like a toy, but actually works, n can be modded to do much more. BUT the upgrade bug is bitin. Last time I used V/TID it was on a BH, but essentially inaccurate and jumpy as !!!!. I got the feeling TID was just bs bells n whistles, n I went tesoro straight audio. Now I've read a lot of ur guys posts and come to the conclusion that like anything else, with TID you get what you pay for. I didn't pay much for the BH lmao, so im willin to give it another shot. I feel like the TID on a 700 - 1100 unit would probably be freaking amazing.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

The teknetics T2 ltd/se is $899. Add a NEL sharpshooter coil and you would set for quite a while. Also, the AT PRO with the 5x8 coil is my primary machine and I'm very happy with it.

I've always wondered if you're allowed to detect on your military base if you're active military? Imagine the relics you could find there!

I've always wondered if you're allowed to detect on your military base if you're active military? Imagine the relics you could find there!
Army bases - firm heck no if they ever had combat arms units stationed there. Their relics ARE the problem - UXO incidents waiting to happen. As in, Im good on all that. But bases with no real history of combat train up / garrisoning....firm blind eye in the park/campground type areas. Just have to ask/target the right people. Marine base rules are probably similar. No frikkin clue about navy, air force, or coast guard bases.

That makes sense. I hunt an old army base port of embarkation and I find live rounds, spent casings and fired bullets in every corner of that place and I don't think it was ever a training base of any kind. It makes me wonder if the soldiers just shot their guns off anywhere they wanted? It's a 500 acre base and there are bullets and casings everywhere!

That makes sense. I hunt an old army base port of embarkation and I find live rounds, spent casings and fired bullets in every corner of that place and I don't think it was ever a training base of any kind. It makes me wonder if the soldiers just shot their guns off anywhere they wanted? It's a 500 acre base and there are bullets and casings everywhere!
Yeah back in earlier days (I guess 19th century-ish, and even into the 20th century a bit) at alot of bases...I think you could do whatever in the heck you want, in some respects. Safety wasn't necessarily considered, or heeded if it was.

Also, I misspoke. I said combat arms garrisoning or train-up areas. I guess I meant post 1900s, ww1 era and beyond, areas where that happened. Because prior to that time, there were no real mass amounts of troop issue artillery, mortars, grenades, bombs, demolitions, explosives etc which could ever be lost to later turn into an unexploded ordinance in the first place. Just to clarify.

So yeah, places like your port of embarkation, smaller bases, and even larger active bases today - as long as they never hosted any real activities with big industrialized bangs and troops ...might be doable.

Back
Top Bottom