Coil Opinions needed

luked

in a month or so im planning on buying an Etrac.
what im wondering is what is the best small coil for the machine?
and other than the Stock Coil and a small coil would you all suggest anything else as far as accessories that would be good to get. would like to get it all at once

Last a lot longer...some say makes detector deeper???.hard to believe how long it lasts!...the x-1..is nice if you hunt silver..can put it in hole and tell if deep iron or not...no other pinpointer does that....it acts like a 1" coil... take it easy

how is the RNB battery better than the stock battery? i assume it lasts longer?

Not just longer......but up to days before a recharge is needed ! Plus it will hold a charge for a year sitting !!!! What can I say.....it is the most single best investment you can make for your E-Trac !!!!

I tend to like the Ultimate 13, it reduces the weight on the nose changing the balance and making it easier. I believe I get more depth with it and feel it separates just a tad better than the stock coil.

Also have a 6x8 SEF that's great for super trashy areas.

As far as the battery goes, I've only used mine 1.5 days on a single charge and still had like 1/3 battery life. I'm one of those guys that puts my phone on the charger every evening whether it needs it or not, so I haven't seen the need for the RNB battery that most seem to love.

The SEF 6x8 has been on my machine for the last 3 months. Before that the x-8. Both work well in trash and sometimes one seems to hit or separate better than the other. So far these 2 are my faves.

I don't have anything new to add to the conversation here, but I can add my agreement wholeheartedly.

The RnB is great. I have had mine since late summer and have only charged it like 4 times. It really is incredible, however I haven't noticed any increased depth.

My coil picks in order (and I have a half dozen to pick from!)
#1.) Detech 13" Ultimate - my favorite
#2.) SEF 6X8 - my Trashy spot coil
#3.) stock ProCoil.

I love my Etrac, especially on a cold winters night thinking of warmer days of Spring.

Mars sniper 10×6 good prices 100% waterproof and you don't need coil covers.Nel have been taken over by cors labs three small coils the fortune 9.5×5.5 the shrew 6.5×3.5 and the last is the point at 5" hope this helps.

+1 on the above info.
1: rnb battery (I've been told it's one ,if not the best accessory to buy for the Etrac)!
2: sef 6x8 coil
3: detect 13" ultimate coil ( though I really like my sef 10x12 also)
One last thing if you can swing it at some point,is the Herke arm rest/Stand combo! OH,don't forget the Andy Sabisch Etrac manual,that's a must have!
Have fun with your Etrac!

Back
Top Bottom