First hunt at new permission, nothing spectacular yet, but 2 "somewhat" unusual finds

Sounds like you have enough places to hunt to keep you very busy for a long time.

Yep, between all the public parks, recreation areas, and 3 different permissions (so far) I do have many areas to hunt !

Now please don't take what I'm about to say as a complaint or as being negative, I'm simply sharing what I'd prefer to find in any detecting area:

Mainly older coins, and not merely because of any greater monetary value, but because of their uniqueness from everyday modern coins.

I'd rather dig one IHP or Buffalo nickel than $5.00 in clad. Of course I'd still prefer clad over trash finds :lol: but simply just digging clad is not my focus.

Finding areas to hunt is not a big problem, finding places to hunt that still have older coins to dig has been quite a challenge, as so far the only older (non-modern) coins I have dug is 2 wheat cents and one Merc dime.

Maybe I am being unrealistic in hoping to dig an older coin every other hunt, but hey, I'll keep trying and still have fun older coins or not :D

Looks like a really nice piece of land. I dig that horseshoe!

Thanks !!!!

I dig that horseshoe too, or should I say I dug that horseshoe ? :lol:

While that land is not producing good finds yet as well as I hoped, I am not giving up on it yet, still a good bit of area I haven't yet scanned.

I detected elsewhere today, but hope to get back there maybe Thursday or Friday.

Nice man!
I'm really new to this game, and so far I'm enjoying the thrill of doing research on my town and the citizens that used to roam about here, and learning cool things that have happened. it is truly an awesome experience.
HH

Nice man!
I'm really new to this game, and so far I'm enjoying the thrill of doing research on my town and the citizens that used to roam about here, and learning cool things that have happened. it is truly an awesome experience.
HH

Neat, if you haven't tried it yet, go to this site, type in an address of an area you want to research, then click on aerials to see photos of how the area looked at different years in the past -

https://www.historicaerials.com/viewer

Back
Top Bottom