3d printed tip protector for Garrrett pro?

tag1260

Anyone found any STL's to print tip protectors for the Garrett Pro pinpointer? Would like to print my own but am not able to design one myself.
Thanks

A very simple solution is just go to home depot and purchase a package of the proper size chair leg protectors for about $3 and be done with it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-7-8-in-Clear-Leg-Tip-4-Pack-804714/306229482

Doesn't have the scraper, which many of us like, and what's the point in having a 3D printer if you don't use it?

I like the 3D file, but I think I'd like the scraper a little thinner and more proud. I'm learning how to use my printer, so might take a poke at this file. How is the fit, mooke? Does it taper with the pointer, or is it a straight cylinder? I can't tell from the picture.

Anyone found any STL's to print tip protectors for the Garrett Pro pinpointer? Would like to print my own but am not able to design one myself.
Thanks

I protect mine with a heavy coat of 2-part epoxy. I saw it mentioned in another thread on this forum before I bought my Garrett pinpointer. I applied the epoxy before I used the pinpointer for the first time. It has held up well. I used the Gorilla brand double-syringe type.

For those who don't have a 3D printer: I got these tips some time back, been working good -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223921454864

I bought these ones too. Detector warehouse sent enough stickers, pamphlets, and a pair of gloves that probably equaled the cost of the tips. :yes:

These tips fit very well, even snug around the scraper. Plus they do not affect you using the factory holster.

I bought these ones too. Detector warehouse sent enough stickers, pamphlets, and a pair of gloves that probably equaled the cost of the tips. :yes:

These tips fit very well, even snug around the scraper. Plus they do not affect you using the factory holster.

I'm still using the first tip and it's not yet showing any real wear, so with 3 more tips after this one might wear out should keep me going for a very very long while :lol:

Doesn't have the scraper, which many of us like, and what's the point in having a 3D printer if you don't use it?

I like the 3D file, but I think I'd like the scraper a little thinner and more proud. I'm learning how to use my printer, so might take a poke at this file. How is the fit, mooke? Does it taper with the pointer, or is it a straight cylinder? I can't tell from the picture.

Diggum, I do like the fit and it does taper a little. Also rounded on the end.
Here are some other designs on Thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2749107
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1626680

tip protector

I am so glad I found/discovered this myself. Go to Lowe's and go to the calking section. Not the glue department, and look for "LOCTITE" PL 8X STRONGER,than ordinary adhesive. They have 3 x, and maybe others, but the 8x is the strongest glue you will ever buy. It comes in a tube used in a calking gun. Stick some of this beige colored stuff to your pin pointer and it will never come off. So you will never wear a hole in the pin pointer. I've used this glue for other repairs. I've fixed ears on coils with it. I have some fiber glass material, use it with the glue instead of resin, and you have the strongest repair you can get. I've glued wood together to see how strong it is, and the wood broke/split and the part glued held tight.

I protect mine with a heavy coat of 2-part epoxy. I saw it mentioned in another thread on this forum before I bought my Garrett pinpointer. I applied the epoxy before I used the pinpointer for the first time. It has held up well. I used the Gorilla brand double-syringe type.
Very good idea in my opinion, and very cost effective to boot. I would go one step further and add powdered graphite to the mixture. Kayak builders do this sometime to add a durable wear strip section to protect the bow when beaching the boat.

Back
Top Bottom