Too good to be true?

choppadude

Forum Supporter
I have 2 CTX3030 detectors BUT recently saw a 1 1/2 year old CTX3030 that the buyer says was only used once. It comes with the detector itself as well as everything that came with it from the factory as well as a Minlab padded detector bag, Sunray Pro Gold headphones, Gray Ghost amphibian headphones, never used Minelab Pro Pointer, Garrett Carrot Pin Pointer used once and a new never used 17" coil.
All for $1500! Did cost $80 to ship but The seller shipped and provided tracking # BEFORE I made payment.
I am a bit paranoid by nature but I have this lady's Facebook account and she did send me a friend request which I accepted. Her FB account has been active for a few years.
I paid with my Credit card through Paypal so I think I am covered. Still will worry until I get it in my hands!
Whats everybne think?

Sounds like a good deal.

I've seen more and more with the CTX. I saw one for $1,250 the other day with wireless and all. I almost jumped on it but thought I don't need another detector. Especially with the ground now frozen.

3 CTX's ...? :shock:
You may have a "HOARDING ADDICTION" :laughing:
Hope it works well for you.
I've been thinking of one for next season:?:

Sounds like a good deal.

I've seen more and more with the CTX. I saw one for $1,250 the other day with wireless and all. I almost jumped on it but thought I don't need another detector. Especially with the ground now frozen.

Yeah I saw that one also. It was VERY tempting LOL!

Minelab is going to certify you as a dealer soon. Or if nothing else send you a Christmas Card:lol:

Sounds like you will need to either grow another arm or figure out a way to strap it to you leg. :laughing: One more and you'll have one for each limb.

Well guys keep your fingers crossed, it is not unheard of a buyer getting a box with a block of wood or a brick in it and when its time to try to get your cash back the seller has withdrew it all and hightailed it.
I did my homework and think it is a up and up deal but like I said, until it is in my hands and checked over good I will be worrying.

Maybe it will work out.

I would have called and talked to the person,,,and asked a few questions that would sniff out if they indeed did have a CTX.

Serial number for one.
Serial number on coil(s).

Any hesitation on them providing this info-- warning signal.

Hope all goes well.

Would hate to see someone get the shaft around Christmas time,,,would be a bummer.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

I too new to all this to understand all the equipment and costs your are referring too.
But if she has a good review for a few years on ebay, I feel you gonna do good.

Maybe it will work out.

I would have called and talked to the person,,,and asked a few questions that would sniff out if they indeed did have a CTX.

Serial number for one.
Serial number on coil(s).

Any hesitation on them providing this info-- warning signal.

Hope all goes well.

Would hate to see someone get the shaft around Christmas time,,,would be a bummer.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Yeah I talked to her on the phone and she seemed legit but then again a red flag was she did not have a Paypal account and asked if I could wire the $. I told her I could not do that and I would send a bank check instead, then I decided to just insist on paying via PayPal since I could not purchase a bank check with a credit card. She set up an account and I paid using my Visa CC so I am protected.
She seemed really nice, she is a widow and is clearing out a lot of her late husbands things and downsizing to a new home.

Well the CTX3030 arrived today and it is all that it was described to be. Very clean and still has the protective plastic on the screen. Charging the Li Po battery and WM10 module right now but put in the AA battery pack and it fired right up with no issue.
I wish I could keep this one but don't need another. Someone is going to get a great deal on this detector!
Did get some nice extras with it that I can use.

NICE Choppa! Let me know when you unload it. I have $1501, Lol
Every once in a while we get a deal like this. 9 times out of 10, we kick ourselves in the arse for not just buying it. I would gladly jump on a deal like this and later down the road sell for what you paid. Doing this you get to enjoy a rig for a couple of years for nothing.

Can you guarantee the CTX3050 are coming out this spring Earl? Don't want to see you with egg on your face like XP with the newly released pin pointer that is not released yet LOL:laughing:

I would rather run my tested and true 3030 until they work out the bugs on the new released ones. Seems these days almost every manufacture has issue with new released products, Garrett, Whites, Minelab, XP, Makro

You keep thinking about it and until you pull the trigger I will dig enough silver for the both of us LOL! How's that sound:laughing:

Have a good Christmas buddy and enjoy your time with your family

Choppa

Dig all the silver you want, i will be digging gold at the beach, later:yes::lol: bro., Surf's UP. ;) PS we will see if ML gives up a free coil in the spring, if they do, i will most likely get one in May, pay for it in Gold finds, silver just doesn't pay, unless you get the rare , howboutit , good luck in 2017 Choppa :nothingtoadd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom