HB gold and silver

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Down south to visit wife’s family. Rained until today, so headed to the beach, finally! Arrived about 7, left about 10. Not a lot of targets. Hit the wet sand as the tide was coming in, bit of a cut but tide was closing in. Sand was soft under foot in the wet. I skirted the cut/wet sand. Nox 800, beach 1. First ring came in around a 10. Stainless. Second ring solid 7, shallow, 18k small ring about dime sized. Third ring was above the cut, 27 or so, thought it was going to be a dime.

47 targets total in a little under 3 hours of meandering. 97¢ in clad.

Don’t have my scale with me (1.7grams), but ring is tiny, but I’ll take it! :cool:

Attachments

• 020C90E4-A985-4BF6-91D5-D5BDC89EB24F.jpg
    020C90E4-A985-4BF6-91D5-D5BDC89EB24F.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 702
  • 877AFA76-BADD-4EB7-B5B6-9E81D703A1FD.jpg
    877AFA76-BADD-4EB7-B5B6-9E81D703A1FD.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 678
  • 8FF81EDA-4C2D-4291-B029-55C00495FD97.jpg
    8FF81EDA-4C2D-4291-B029-55C00495FD97.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 715
  • D885DF7D-307B-4FA2-84D8-259A6D3E1276.jpg
    D885DF7D-307B-4FA2-84D8-259A6D3E1276.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 734
Last edited:
Good to see a CA report. What beach were you at ?

You're right that the foot-prints show that the sand was soft. Also the light-weight aluminum was a bad sign, that .... it's only cutting into recent in-fill sand, or that it cut and sand-came-back-in already or something.

:dingding: You got a nice little cut to work with and scored the gold - not bad!

The big high tides are ending. It is pulling sand down. We had some surf a week ago that produced some select cuts. When the tide sucks out lower , you can walk farther out and find some treasures. Still a !!!! shoot , but it happens. No lengthy big cuts here as of late. I know this beach extremely well. Nice Finds !!!

It’s been storming here. Parks are still at same level lmao being landlocked sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly not a bad three hour hunt.:yes: Love the gold ring, even though it is small. Very pretty !! Certainly worth the effort. Congratulations !!

Sweet. Looks like I need a road trip after getting back from Utah for Christmas

Nah, nothing but pull tabs here :lol:

Very nice Sweeper. Looks like several of us got a few goodies with the storm that moved in.

Got lucky - congrats on your double!

Good to see a CA report. What beach were you at ?

You're right that the foot-prints show that the sand was soft. Also the light-weight aluminum was a bad sign, that .... it's only cutting into recent in-fill sand, or that it cut and sand-came-back-in already or something.

Thanks Tom. All the aluminum was from above the cut in the “dry” sand. Very few targets in the wet... just a few coins and a few rings.

:dingding: You got a nice little cut to work with and scored the gold - not bad!

Thanks for the dinger Felix!

The big high tides are ending. It is pulling sand down. We had some surf a week ago that produced some select cuts. When the tide sucks out lower , you can walk farther out and find some treasures. Still a !!!! shoot , but it happens. No lengthy big cuts here as of late. I know this beach extremely well. Nice Finds !!!

Yeah I didn’t want to get up at 4am for the low tide. Getting too old for that :lol:

It’s been storming here. Parks are still at same level lmao being landlocked sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit them soccer field sidelines and tot-lots for gold!

Certainly not a bad three hour hunt.:yes: Love the gold ring, even though it is small. Very pretty !! Certainly worth the effort. Congratulations !!

It was nice to be able to get out hunting for sure, the gold and silver was icing on the cake.

Way to go GS!

Congrats on 18k especially!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice! :D

Last edited:
Jeff, nice job scooping the 18K! I need to pay more attention to the single digit vdi readings.

You must be living right GS- you timed your vacation to coincide with some sand erosion and picked a good location to hunt. :yes:
Congrats on the treasure!

Congratulations, GS!!! Man, I wish we lived closer to the beaches...

Small but she makes up for the size being 18k!! Love that color!

Back
Top Bottom