Whites coinmaster vs Garrett ace 250 vs fisher f2?

MD Maniac

Im going to be using the machine for beach hunting, and in back yards looking for coins and jewerly. I am looking for a machien around $220 usd nothing really higher then that.

Thanks in advance,

Md Maniac

From what I have read over the last few months, some people like the coinmaster, but more seem to think it is not that great.

Of course you know how many people here have and love the 250, but there are several that absolutely cannot stand the binging bonging uncontrollable volume bell tones that this thing puts out.
(Volume control headphones help).
Resale value is good if you want to upgrade in the future.

The F2 has been said to have a much better recovery time than the 250 and most people that own this one sing its praises.
Not as many notching capabilities as the 250, but recovery speed, depth, quality and the word "fun" is mentioned a lot when talking about this one.

That is why I just ordered an F2 for me to take on vacations, as a change of pace from my Vaq and for "guest hunters.

You also can get 2 coils for about the same price as the 250 with one.

All 3 are decent detectors that will find good stuff with excellent manufactures and customer service backing them.

Of course, if you don't need a visual readout, go for a Tesoro Silver or a used Cibola for a little more.
Lifetime warranty on these.

Good luck with your decision...we have all been through this.

HH

I've had my hands on two Coinmasters. Both were strictly surface detectors (0-3 inches) and both displayed an annoying habit of shutting down in some kind of lock up. They would freeze and need the batteries removed to get them going again. This happened with both Coinmasters and it happened several times over a short period. I think they are junk.

The Ace 250 will drive you nuts with its multi-tones of varying confusion. What it can't do with it's VDI screen it attempts through sound. This is two dimensional chaos. Add to this the Ace is another surface machine of mediocre depth and this leaves you with the F2.

Have never used an F2 but like Fisher over Whites or Garrett. Especially Garrett.

I'd go with the F2 and hope for the best. But, I would never recommend any detector in the 200 dollar range in the first place but many cannot wait to save an extra 100 bucks or so. In the low 300 dollar range there are several machines lightyears ahead of the Ace, F2 or Coinsmaster.

Wait and save your loot for one of those.

OT

Hey OT, trying to turn another one, huh.

MD Maniac, of course the best opinions are the ones from people that have used these units.

I've owned an Ace and a Coinmaster. Have used other examples of these two detectors. I'd quit the sport before using them again. That's how little I think of these two models.

The problem was I'd used better machines before ever touching the aforementioned detectors. I had a baseline to use for comparison. Unfortunately there was no comparison. Any detector you can name that costs a 100 dollars or so more is a better choice.

The Ace and the Coinmaster exist by virtue of their cheap price alone. Nobody would by one if they cost 500 dollars. To buy a detector because they are cheap is not a good reason to buy one. We all disparage the Radio Shack 50 dollar special when some new person mentions getting a deal on such a box of junk. I just carry this theme over to these more popular boxes of junk. When you pay 200 for a new detector with all the extras and modern features available today on machines, you get junk at that low price. It's the only way they can make them and turn a profit.

OT - hater of all things yellow or purple.

(except bananas)

thanks

i went to my local store and he told me to buy one try it out then bring it back but if i like it keep it...i decided to try the new whites coinmaster (not the pro the one for 179.95) and so far i have tried in my back yard and neighbors yard and have found sone nice stuff. About 5 wheaties, 4 dimes, 2 quarters, 3 nickels, and about 12 pennies, i aslo found a little girls ring but not of any value and a small belt buckle. One of the wheaties was down about 6-7 inches it was a nice find same with a dime and a nickel..everything else was between 0-5 inches. It seems like a nice detector but i dont no how it would compare to the ace or fisher. Might go back to my dealer to find out our i might keep this one. May go down to the beach tommarow and tell you guys how i do. thanks for all the replys.

Md maniac

Sounds like you have pretty good soil around you so it seems to be working fine.

A lot of people have posted depth on the 250 at about 6 inches max, a few people a couple of inches more, but not many.
The f2 about the same, from what I have read.
Soil conditions really matter in this hobby.

Nice that the dealer will let you trade it out but as an old retailer, if he is giving you new units to try that kind of thing would drive me crazy if customers keep bringing back new stuff to trade in.
Once it is used...it is USED!
It would be real nice if he had a test garden in the vicinity and a couple of test units to try.

I might go back for the F2 if he sells it, (not really into the binging-bonging ace), but I would probably keep the coinmaster as it seems to be working nicely for you, learn it well, get real good with it, and then aim for a little deeper one as your next detector..

HH

Oh yea... congratulations on your finds...you are going to do well in this hobby!

i went to my local store and he told me to buy one try it out then bring it back but if i like it keep it...i decided to try the new whites coinmaster (not the pro the one for 179.95) and so far i have tried in my back yard and neighbors yard and have found sone nice stuff. About 5 wheaties, 4 dimes, 2 quarters, 3 nickels, and about 12 pennies, i aslo found a little girls ring but not of any value and a small belt buckle. One of the wheaties was down about 6-7 inches it was a nice find same with a dime and a nickel..everything else was between 0-5 inches. It seems like a nice detector but i dont no how it would compare to the ace or fisher. Might go back to my dealer to find out our i might keep this one. May go down to the beach tommarow and tell you guys how i do. thanks for all the replys.

Md maniac

Glad to hear...I've used the Coinmaster and also the Coin Pro and have good results from both...I like the Pro better for the 3 different tones....Either one is a good investment and they work for me as it does for you also.....Worth what you spent....

Back
Top Bottom