Lost ring in Kansas City Mo Creek!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
I just saw this story on the news. Seth Dixon from Kansas City Mo. proposed to his girl on Saturday, on a little bridge over a creek, in Loose Park of Kansas City, and dropped the diamond ring through the spaces in the bridge. They dived. They looked. They even got "a guy" with a detector to look, but did not find it. They are raising money now for a replacement ring. My local news said "four thousand dollars", but another online story said "$3G".
I hope somebody from here, with some skill, patience, and equipment finds this ring soon. I'm thinking the replacement money would make a nice reward!
Here's a link to one version:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3737933/ma...ing-into-pond/

I just saw this story on the news. Seth Dixon from Kansas City Mo. proposed to his girl on Saturday, on a little bridge over a creek, in Loose Park of Kansas City, and dropped the diamond ring through the spaces in the bridge. They dived. They looked. They even got "a guy" with a detector to look, but did not find it. They are raising money now for a replacement ring. My local news said "four thousand dollars", but another online story said "$3G".
I hope somebody from here, with some skill, patience, and equipment finds this ring soon. I'm thinking the replacement money would make a nice reward!
Here's a link to one version:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3737933/ma...ing-into-pond/

I know that park well, hunted there a bunch of times.
This is a site right near a parking area next to Wornell Rd...the absolute worst/most EMI problems I ever came across in the curb strip next to that street for some reason.
There is a club in the area, I will post this on their website and see if anyone wants to wade into the mud, muck and duck poo to help.

I saw it on FB too, :laughing: (BUTTER FINGERS )
The ring should be right below the middle of the bridge,
but then with a bunch of friends wading in the chest deep water, I wonder if it got kicked around ?

I saw it on FB too, :laughing: (BUTTER FINGERS )
The ring should be right below the middle of the bridge,
but then with a bunch of friends wading in the chest deep water, I wonder if it got kicked around ?

Kicked around or trampled further in the muck. Looking for a ring in the muck you have to stay OFF the bottom.

Should have got here a silver with diamonds...like the rest of the world does..:shock:

what gets me, is the "Oh well, it's gone" acceptance attitude they seem to have. I guess they gave some serious effort, in the duck poo and all, but lack the knowledge of what a decent detectorist can do. I would move rocks and rake out some muck if necessary to get a coil down there.
Anyway, I bet some "Johnny Midnight" already scooped and pawned that puppy the minute it went public.

Ring lost off bridge into thick muck

Stay off the bottom and do not tramp the ring any deeper. We have used this homemade scoop a number of times to retrieve rings dropped off a dock into thick muck. If there are no weeds on top of the muck you can skim off a few inches on top of the muck and usually get the ring.

Attachments

• lake4 (2).jpg
    lake4 (2).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 361
I know that park well, hunted there a bunch of times.
This is a site right near a parking area next to Wornell Rd...the absolute worst/most EMI problems I ever came across in the curb strip next to that street for some reason.
There is a club in the area, I will post this on their website and see if anyone wants to wade into the mud, muck and duck poo to help.

So, any word on recovery yet. or did Johnny Midnight get it?

This whole story and video of said event really set off my bs detector in a big way. I'd guess that it's a setup deal to raise $$ for a high buck ring, and the original was probably junk to begin with. I mean, why ask people to donate for a fancy schmancy ring, it's not like it's a kidney transplant or something vital. Nothing about this smells right to me... :lol:

This whole story and video of said event really set off my bs detector in a big way. I'd guess that it's a setup deal to raise $$ for a high buck ring, and the original was probably junk to begin with. I mean, why ask people to donate for a fancy schmancy ring, it's not like it's a kidney transplant or something vital. Nothing about this smells right to me... :lol:

What she said!

Got a solid signal, did ya? My BS detector is a piece o' junk. Couldn't get a hit on a three dollar bill! I see the fishyness of the story, now that you put it that way.
I saw the couple on the Jimmy Kimmel show. They had the reknowned jeweler for The Bachelor show present them with a whopper of a diamond ring! Now, I really wonder about what "fell" into the creek.

Got a solid signal, did ya? My BS detector is a piece o' junk. Couldn't get a hit on a three dollar bill! I see the fishyness of the story, now that you put it that way.
I saw the couple on the Jimmy Kimmel show. They had the reknowned jeweler for The Bachelor show present them with a whopper of a diamond ring! Now, I really wonder about what "fell" into the creek.

Solid and repeatable :lol: Mine is reliable, honed over years of dealing with those who liked to lie to police. :laughing:

maybe this classic?

:toofunny: :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom