Fisher F-Point pinpointer

I am not a pinpointer kind of guy, in my opinion they are a waste of time. I have never bought a pinpointer & probably never will but I did get a free Fisher F-Point pinpointer with one of the detectors I bought. The only good it was to me was getting some money when I sold it. I wouldn't give you 10 cents for it (even if I liked pinpointers). You had to almost touch the pinpointer on the target to get it to respond. The Fisher F-Point pinpointer/Bounty Hunter pinpointer/Teknetics pinpointer/ all the same, made by First Texas.

I'd put up another 30 bucks or so and hold out for the Garrett Pro Pointer...it's a solid piece of equipment. I have a F point in the closet and it will stay there.

ok thanks guys, i will just keep tectin without a PP right now, moneys tight, i need some good piece of F****N stuff haha... Up to a state park tomorrow, maybe somethin up there... thanks again for honest opinion... i wont get one.

I got the fpoint in a package deal with my F2. I don't have anything to compare it with but I like it. The others are right in that you almost have to be touching the metal for it to find it. However, it's better than nothing and helped me quite a bit hunting the beach while on vacation. A scoop would have been much better though.

Anyway, I would either by one of the harbor freight centech pinpointers for $20 or I would just go ahead and buy the garrett propointer and be done with it. If I get into detecting as much as I think I will, I'll buy a propointer.

I,ve got a whites bullseye II pinpointer and have heard the garrett is the only way to go they got good depth and are very durable my pinpointer can give off faulse signals wet ground or sensetivity to high Im use to it,but my next one will be a garrett,I,ve got to say I,ve saved a lot of hours not digging because of it,and I do like it,I wouldent go out in the field with out it, Remember you get what you pay for,I agree with Geodawn shell out a few more greenbacks and have an insterment that will last for years to come.Happy hunting

I never knew that Fisher made one. I use a cheapie Centech, gets the job done.

fisher pin pointer

I got a fisher pinpointer with a package i bought. In my opinion it's a very poor piece of equipment. I called the Fisher company and talked to an engineer there that said he thought it was very bad also but marketing said make it so they could give it away with the package. The marketing department said whenever he uses a pinpointer he has to turn it down so it does'nt detect unless he is next to it so they made this one that way. You have to almost be touching the object with it for it to sound off. They did refund me $15.00 for it, (it was advertised to cost $50.00) and I bought a Harbor freight pinpointer. It has at least three times the strength of the fisher. The fisher F2 is a good piece of equipment, it's to bad they had to hook it up to a piece of C_____.

The Fisher pinpointer looks very similar to the BH pinpinter to me. Are they made by the same company? Are they identical?

Any new input about this one? I got one with my F2 I just bought about 3 weeks ago and Sunday tried to use it and literally had to touch something for it to sound. The sound was very low as well and no vibrate option.

Even though I am new I am thinking very strongly of getting the Garret Pro Pointer.

Thoughts?

Any new input about this one? I got one with my F2 I just bought about 3 weeks ago and Sunday tried to use it and literally had to touch something for it to sound. The sound was very low as well and no vibrate option.

Even though I am new I am thinking very strongly of getting the Garret Pro Pointer.

Thoughts?

Had the same problem with my V4 and my Bullseye II.......the Garrett Pro Pointer is light years beyond the others.......

Dusty

Hi Chris, I also got one with my F2. I've found that it works well with an object within 1 inch or so from the pinpointer tip. But after all I've read on this forum, I recently decided to purchase the Garrett pinpointer. Do a search on the garrett pp and you will probably want one too!

I am sitting here vasilating over this and about to pull the trigger and go for it. I want to get out and dig stuff and not spend all day trying to find a needle ina haystack..but..it is enjoying to be out either way heh.

ok..off to place that order me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom