Texas Hunters

Vernon (Rayland) , but just retired and staying in Wichita Falls with 83 year old father-in-law who is recovering from quadruple by-pass surgery.

South padre island soon

Hi! My wife and i will be leaving december 8th,for our winter in texas. Will be hunting on s. Padre island/brounsville area untill mid april. Anyone want to get together to have a meal,a drink or hunt together,let us know.
Jim 270 547-0203 c phone

need a new detector

Just a simple question. I want a new detector and with all the rigging of the reviews, i'm just not sure which way to go. I think it would make me feel better to just take a poll from fellow hunters and see what detector they prefer. If you were given the option to have whatever detector you wanted, what would it be? I hunt in North Texas and enjoy coins, relics, jewelry, and such as this. Thanks in advance for your help!

I feel like I have the two detectors I wanted, the White's MXT and the Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack. Both are multi use-machines meaning if the weather is too bad to travel out to the gold fields, I can still use them for coin/relic/jewelry hunting around town. My Fisher Gold Bug S.E. serves those purposes as well and I use it in windy conditions since it has a smaller profile. There are more expensive detectors, but I believe in K.I.S.S...........BTW, I'm a San Antonio native, living in south central Colorado. The difference is amazing!!!!

Dusty

Just a simple question. I want a new detector and with all the rigging of the reviews, i'm just not sure which way to go. I think it would make me feel better to just take a poll from fellow hunters and see what detector they prefer. If you were given the option to have whatever detector you wanted, what would it be? I hunt in North Texas and enjoy coins, relics, jewelry, and such as this. Thanks in advance for your help!

Depends on your buying budget...I like Tesoro machines for their relative simplicity and light weight, and my better half likes his minelabs machines.

I am out near Clear Lake, we have a small group, usually 2 to 4 of us, we do park hunts, beach hunts in Galveston and so forth. Feel like the drive get in touch.

Houston Here, I'm on the SW side in Alief. I hunt almost everyday weather permitting... I look for places around here to hunt on google earth.
I mainly hunt sand volleyball courts, tot-lots, and my yard. lol

I'm looking for someone to hunt with, my wife and kids have zero interest. :roll:

Ingleside TX here

Jolt, I just came back from two weeks in Portland. Wish I had seen your post sooner. I was hunting every evening, but not much found. Went to the beach by the Lexington, Shoreline Drive Cole Park and the beach, also Memorial Park in Portland.

I will be back down in May 2011, maybe we could meet up, or if your are ever in the Houston area I could take you to some of our hunting spots.

I saw on the news that the City of San Antonio banned detecting from its parks.

Seems like it is happening every where these days.

New to metal detecting and this forum... in San Antonio.
-jered

I just bought a Garrett GTI 2500. Do research on this detector - I am very pleased so far. Will be worth your time to check it out. Good luck on your choice.

Hello Blanco County. I live in Bandera County and looking for other people in this area to hunt coins, relics, etc. Would love to start a group to hunt with.

I am also from Bandera. Are there others from Bandera that you know of? Be nice to form a group.

Back
Top Bottom