New member Minnesota

Spentshell

Hey All,
Just got started metal detecting and am using an Equinox 800 here in east central Minnesota. I found a Civil War era horse buckle guard in my backyard and a Vanak token from the 1930-1940 era in a park. Lotsa fun as you never know what its gonna be.
Spentshell

Welcome from northern Michigan!! That’s a fine machine you got there !!
Thanks, hopefully someday I will be worthy of it as there is a lot figure out as to what you are hearing. Dig it and learn is where I am at now.

Thanks, hopefully someday I will be worthy of it as there is a lot figure out as to what you are hearing. Dig it and learn is where I am at now.

I’m a little over two months and this website and YouTube of equinox users have fueled the addiction bad!!! Dig everything is all I can say to get familiar with machine. If it’s real chatty remember noise cancel ground balance then sensitivity. What helped me a lot was going to the local sports field and learning all the clad coins then going from there.

Thanks for the reply, I have done the noise cancel but have not done a ground balance as of yet. I just printed out the manual so that should be useful in learning this tool.

Welcome to the forum and to the Hobby. I am not addicted to metal detecting I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to quit.

Thanks for the reply, I have done the noise cancel but have not done a ground balance as of yet. I just printed out the manual so that should be useful in learning this tool.

Oh yeah. Lot to learn, but not too hard to use without knowing much about it. Go detecting. Use this forum. Ask questions. Consider the answers. Learn something new every day. Enjoy!
Welcome from a MN transplant in WI.

Welcome from Mass

Hey All,
Just got started metal detecting and am using an Equinox 800 here in east central Minnesota. I found a Civil War era horse buckle guard in my backyard and a Vanak token from the 1930-1940 era in a park. Lotsa fun as you never know what its gonna be.
Spentshell

Happy to have you
Happy Treasure Hunting
Dennis

Back
Top Bottom