Darn my ring luck!

Badfish

I live in Michigan right on Lake Michigan. I’ve had my machine since August 1st so still new. I dig everything but being a small town I’m sure not a lot of rings get lost. I seen a ring in the hole tonight!! Alas it was costume!! The excitement of seeing the ring tho got my adrenaline going. So jealous of you guys on the oceans

Congrads on the first ring!! Heck it took me years to find my first ring, once I hit the water..3 months to find gold. It all comes in time...10 years in I'm still learning...

You don't need oceans. You just need the right places to go. I found 4 gold today in Michigan. One is a 1925 class ring and another is a 1925 wedding ring. Forget the ocean. Michigan has it all

Congrats on the first - always gets the blood flowing!!!!

You don't need beaches and salt water - jut research the popular spots and you'll find stuff...

GL & HH

I remember my first. Same... costume. Keep working it, gold's out there!

R5

I live in Michigan right on Lake Michigan. I’ve had my machine since August 1st so still new. I dig everything but being a small town I’m sure not a lot of rings get lost. I seen a ring in the hole tonight!! Alas it was costume!! The excitement of seeing the ring tho got my adrenaline going. So jealous of you guys on the oceans
You don't need oceans. You just need the right places to go. I found 4 gold today in Michigan. One is a 1925 class ring and another is a 1925 wedding ring. Forget the ocean. Michigan has it all

I lived 7 miles from Lake St. Clair and now live 7 miles from the ocean. I dream about going back to MI to hunt. No sharks, eels, stingrays, crocodiles, alligators, water mocassins, rattlesnakes, scorpions, or jellyfish. Not to mention, go to any beach at a given time and you'll probably see at least 4 other hunters....sometimes as many as 20. Competition is fierce in FL. Meanwhile in MI, the only thing you really have to compete with is freezing temps.

Keep pounding the sand, you'll get one!

Look at it this way. Michigan cold water shrinks fingers and rings slide off easily.

Your junk ring is prettier than the junk ring(?) I found yesterday at a salt water beach. I initially thought that I had a crusty sterling ring but it turned out to be just a round piece of junk metal painted black.

Keep searching there are real rings out there

There will come a day when they will be jumping (rings that is) in your scoop but most day it'll be hard to find some clad. Its mostly about luck and a little skill.

congrats on the first one,youll find alot more just keep at it. to me the thrill of a ring in my scoop outweighs the dissapointment of it only being a junker which they mostly arrghh. goodluck

Back
Top Bottom